• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Militarypol21

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    So, I decided to go get some groceries tonight and knowing there is State Troopers EVERYWHERE, I made sure I was extra cautious on my way to and from the store. I also decided to stop off at McDonalds on my way home to pick up some dinner. Well on my way home (driving down the same street I drive down on a daily basis) I go over the double yellow line ever so slightly to miss a huge pothole that has yet to be filled. And what do ya know, red and blue lights in my rearview mirror. I pulled over immediately, rolled down my window, and placed my hands on the wheel awaiting the LEO to walk up.

This is pretty much how the conversation went--

Me: Good evening sir, how are you?

Trooper: How much have you had to drink tonight?

Me: Nothing sir, I haven’t had a drink in at least a week or so.

Trooper: Why were you swerving back there?

Me: To miss that huge pothole in the road. I only went over the yellow line slightly and there wasn’t any oncoming traffic.

Trooper: So you’re telling me you have had nothing at all to drink tonight.

Me: No sir I have not, I just got done grocery shopping at Wal-mart in Avon and now I’m on my way home. (Note: Backseat is full of groceries)

Trooper: So what’s in the cup? (Note: Clearly marked McDonalds cup)

Me: It’s tea.

Trooper: Try again

Me: Uhh.. Sweat tea?

Trooper: Ok smart a$$ open it up.

Me: (I opened the McDonalds cup and showed him my tea)

Trooper: Why are your eyes so bloodshot?

Me: Because I work 12-hour days at the hospital and I have been lacking on sleep lately.

I think he was quit surprised I had an immediate answer to every one of his questions. He then asked for my driver’s license, proof of insurance, and registration. I produced all the documents and waited for him to return. He returned, handed me my info back, and told me to get out of here. I replied, “Have a goodnight sir”. He pulled away doing a u-turn without even waiting for me to pull away right in front of an oncoming car. I understand it’s race time and everyone is on edge, but if you can’t handle your job professionally, get out of the business! :dunno:

NEWMAN

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2008
    LIES Indy has no potholes. :laugh:

Edit thanks for posting. Just remembered I have tickets.

Militarypol21

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    Did he really say that, or is that a paraphrase combined with his attitude? I'm afraid that would pi$$ me off.
    [/color][/size][/font]

Yes those were his EXACT words... and yes I was being a smart ass by replying with uhh sweat tea... because he could clearly see my McDonalds bag full of food sitting right next to me and its in the McDonalds stirafoam cup that tea always comes in. :40oz:This so reminds me of dumb and dumber where they get pulled over and the LEO drinks the urine inside the beer bottles...hahahaha!

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Yep, guilty until proven innocent. I refuse to lump all cops together as being jack booted thugs and absolutely won't cop an attitude with one until he disrespects me first. If it had been me that he acted like that to, I think after about the 2nd accusation of being drunk, I'd demand a breathalizer and refuse to answer any more questions. I know it would get really old to be a LEO and automatically be considered a jack booted thug but do they ever bother to think about how some of them show utter contempt to citizens? It sounds as though this cop was disappointed because he didn't get to make an arrest.

in_betts

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    North of FW
    Yes those were his EXACT words... and yes I was being a smart ass by replying with uhh sweat tea

Well I suppose if he hadn't made an attempt at intimidation by implying that you were not telling the truth you could consider it being a smart ass, but I think my attitude would have gone down a steep hill at that point.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Did he really say that, or is that a paraphrase combined with his attitude? I'm afraid that would pi$$ me off.
    [/color][/size][/font]

Yeah... that would have brought an end to any cooperation. And a refusal to open the cup. If the jerk wants to conduct an illegal search at that point, hope he smiles for the cameras.

BTW, there's a DUI checkpoint on 231 south in Crawfordsville, near the hospital.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I absolutely would thank a cop if the scenario went like this.

officer - I pulled you over because I saw you cross over the line. This is a big dui weekend due to the race. I need you to take a breathalizer.

me - No problem sir.

officer - you passed and be on your way. Just make sure you stay in your lane

me - Thank you sir for helping to keep the drunks off the road.

The above scenario will weed out a drunk just as well as the scenario described in the OP. What purpose does it serve to treat a citizen like the scum of the earth when there is no proof that the guy had been drinking?

JcJ

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    I was followed home by Brownsburg's finest around 11:30 pm, all the way to my driveway from downtown..:rockwoot: I was kinda hoping I would get pulled over, no booze for me.;)

I'm a saint so I really have nothing to worry about.. and for some reason, I get along fine with 99% of the cops I've ever met.. :D

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    Not just Power Troopers... Super Troopers!!

I am sorry to hear that Rod Farva pulled you over and was disappointed you had a sweet tea instead of a liter of cola!
    farva.jpg

Ashkelon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    changes by the minute
    It is just that time of year. Plus the troopers have lowered their hiring standards so these scenarios will be more common in the future.
    The days of the troopers being the most professional officers are gone.

Biohazard

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    central indiana
    Unfortunately this seems to be a consistent theme in the behavior of state cops. Not all state cops, unfortunately a lot of them. So much for professionalism.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Maybe I trust people too much and always try to give someone the benefit of the doubt before I judge someone negatively. The 2 worst things you can call me are a liar and a thief. I absolutely despise having my integrity challenged when there is no basis for it. I had a Sgt. in the Army who was my Bradley gunner. I had to do a pmcs on it every day while in the field. After I got done, he'd go through and ask me, "did you check the road wheels (or whatever item)" and I'd tell him yes. Then he'd come back and ask "are you sure". That burnt me up to no end. I always wanted to respond with "no, I'm an f'in 3 year old who lied the first time but will feel too guilty to lie the second time". If you don't believe what I'm telling you, verify it yourself.

I assume people are telling me the truth unless I have reason to believe otherwise. If a cop asked me multiple times like in the op, he won't have my respect. I refuse to believe that all cops are like the New Yorks Finest and treat them with the utmost respect until they prove otherwise.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    ISP Trooper Farva is everywhere these days.:D

Mil, you talked more than I would have. You can call the post and make a complaint, but you know where that will go.

Cop had a bad night, wife left him, supervisor on his back, just came back from a domestic, *shrug* who knows. People are sometimes jerks, no big deal.

MoparMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Super Troopers is an awesome movie. In my previous job i had i used we used to act like those guys and still do in some instances.

Militarypol21

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    ISP Trooper Farva is everywhere these days.:D

Mil, you talked more than I would have. You can call the post and make a complaint, but you know where that will go.

Cop had a bad night, wife left him, supervisor on his back, just came back from a domestic, *shrug* who knows. People are sometimes jerks, no big deal.

Eh... I have my bad days too, although I'm not an a$$ about it. Not even gonna bother calling the post it won't get me anywhere. At least I know if there was a drunk on that road he'd nab em.

Top Bottom