• ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    The reason you are not seeing a panic buy right now is the money has run out. The biden economy has hit everyone now and those that have already have and those that dont cant afford it

We as gun owners are also more seasoned than in the panic buying periods of the past.

There are a lot less brand new gun owners coming into the fold. Quite honestly we have now had numerous anti-gun threats under our belts. A new generation of gun owners are coming into the loop that were raised by the panic buyers of the recent past. They are not caught off guard as in past panic buying.

:twocents:

gassprint1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    NWI
    I think there's been some ammo panic buying since the longshoreman strike. Though idk how that's really related...do we even import that much ammo through east coast ports?
    View attachment 384558
    I'm getting ready to order 2k rounds of 124gr 9mm from wildhorse at 225 a case. This ammo is made in turkey. I would assume ammo comes thru alot of the ports depending where the company that orders it is located.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    I have Dillon machines that I purchased in the early 80's and 90's still. They were paid for long ago.
    I'm going to bet I can sell those machines and conversions for twice what I paid for them back then.
    Got it. You've been reloading as long as I've been alive.

I'll continue to happily pay $250/k as that'll likely be a distant memory before to long...

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    If the prices drop in a Trump presidency then I'm buying like there's no tomorrow so I'll be stocked for whatever comes next.

Something to keep in mind, my friend. The best time to be buying is when the prices settle and company's competition for your business sets in.

If you are low on ammo, for sure stock up some, but don't go crazy on the numbers until you are seeing truly competitive pricing. I'm no authority or insider on the industry, but from an outside observer, we have not got back to competitive pricing on primers and powder.

:twocents:

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    I just saw an ad on a big name firearms and ammo internet store for .45-70 ammo by BuffaloBore and was shocked. 20 rounds of 350grn cartridges for $92.72+ tax (7%) $6.49 + Shipping $10.00 = $109.21!!! Seriously? = $5.46/round
    I can reload and duplicate that round using Starline Brass, IMR 3031, CCI LRP, and Jacketed Hornady 350 grn projectiles or hard cast lead projectiles for $1.73/round. Or if you want maybe Barnes Bullets for just under $2.00/round to be over the top.
    Whoever says reloading is not the way to go is missing something. :rockwoot:

Last edited:

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    I recently stocked up on several thousand 124 grain fmj from RMR.
    Something like three or four cents per round. I’m saving those components for when factory ammo rises again and the ROI is worth it.

I look for deals on 69 grain .223 HPBT’s and stock up on those too.

Summit City coated .45 ACP projectiles work as well.

I keep several jugs of 8208 XBR & W231 around.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I recently stocked up on several thousand 124 grain fmj from RMR.
    Something like three or four cents per round. I’m saving those components for when factory ammo rises again and the ROI is worth it.

I look for deals on 69 grain .223 HPBT’s and stock up on those too.

Summit City coated .45 ACP projectiles work as well.

I keep several jugs of 8208 XBR & W231 around.
    We shoot the 124 RM's, I believe #1's are about 10 cents a piece delivered.

We have loaded and shot a few hundred of Rocky's 69 grainers this summer. They aren't Match Kings but for a few hundred yards it's money saved.
    They work well on coyotes also.

gassprint1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    NWI
    If the prices drop in a Trump presidency then I'm buying like there's no tomorrow so I'll be stocked for whatever comes next.
    I said that back when the panic started with Obama. Things got a lil back on track and i bought some 6 boxes perfecta 9mm and 8 of the tulammo 223 when walmart had it.22lr was still expensive $5 for a box 223 was great. Well, needless to say...it wasn't enough so i stopped shooting but did spend $35 on the dang 22lr 325 round pack last time i needed it.

Top Bottom