• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Boston blast looked like alot of gun powder going off, you might want to get what you need if you reload, sales of gun powder will definatly be restricted if this was the proponant used and some nut case got it at a (heaven forbid) gun show. Prayers go out to the families of the victems. :(

biggen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 12, 2012
    I fully expect this to be blamed on some militia group, regardless of who really did it.

HenryWallace

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    Interesting take!
    Pressure cookers is what's being said. Laced with shrapnel made of nails and steel balls. I didn't see anything about the propellant.

exbrit

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2013
    Northeast Indiana
    One of the news reports said there was a sulphur smell

Watched all the footage I could for a couple hours and every time they showed the smoke, I kept thinking that looks like black powder, Then several references were made from persons near bye of a sulpher smell.
    I haven't heard any report on the specific propellant but I really hope against hope it wasn't black powder. If it was< batten down the hatches and stock up fast. I use both Pyrodex and the real Mcoy. I much prefer the real stuff over the Pyrodex. Wonder how long it will be before the real zealots will want to ban my muzzle loaders and cap and ball revolvers because they use BP!

Wes225

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    I've already explained that this is clearly what is going to happen.

Simplified:
    >Gun powder found at scene
    >Limit all ammunition and reloading kegs because they can be made into bombs or casings opened for the powder.
    >only allowed so much ammo and powder.

And once again, if they do actually do that, you can only thank yourselves for fighting the gov, they did the exact same thing in 94.
    (although they failed to do it then, today...I think the outcome will be different, thanks to Obama's army of zombies)

TheRude1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    INDY
    Not looken good !
    People that have their :poop: wired tight will work threw it
    The rest of ya are screwed !
    MSG when ya can

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Just saying, many a reloader has responded about how happy they are, not to have to search high and low for tailor made ammo, situation has changed overnight I would guess, re loading componants will be on the hard to find/get list now don'tcha think?

Shwaisey

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Just saying, many a reloader has responded about how happy they are, not to have to search high and low for tailor made ammo, situation has changed overnight I would guess, re loading componants will be on the hard to find/get list now don'tcha think?

Reloading components are already hard to find.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.

And you think your post was designed to make the situation better?

As for me, I stocked up when it was cheap and plentiful and I repeatedly urged others to do so. For the last few months I've urged people to show some restraint and not panic buy everything in sight, not post endless "XYZ store has stuff, everyone rush in and buy it immediately before it's gone!!!!!!!!!!!!" <---the extra !s makes people rush faster.

aswbmw

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2013
    noblesville, in
    don't forget about pressure cookers the shelves will be bare by the time I get there....and black backpacks errg and nails!...I had bird houses to build :(. Wait wait wait maybe I am over reacting. :dunno:

Top Bottom