Post Election AR's........they're coming out of the woodwork!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    203   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I'm sure most of you have noticed a huge influx of AR's for sale here and on other sites (mostly armslist). It's amazing how many of them are for sale all of a sudden. I have noticed since about mid September almost anything "high capacity" was no longer listed for sale except the occasional Glock. I had made comments to some of my friends that if one was in the market for a bolt gun, lever gun, or revolver, there were plenty to be had. But alas about the only semi auto's for sale were 1911's or single stack "pocket guns". I personally do not need another AR, but it is good to see the gun market starting to get back to normal. I am hoping for a resurgence of availability like we had in the early 1980's.....yes I am dating myself, but in the '80's I was a broke young man that couldn't afford most guns, I only had a few.

It will be good for our new younger shooter's to be able to get what they want, when they want it, and for us older guys/gals too.
    I'm ready to start working on my collection again. Honestly when Trump won, I felt like a weight had been lifted off of me, no more worrying about gun and ammo bans.
    I am curious how the gun industry will try to instill another "fear" to drive sales. We should start to see more availability and lower prices.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I'm sure most of you have noticed a huge influx of AR's for sale here and on other sites (mostly armslist). It's amazing how many of them are for sale all of a sudden. I have noticed since about mid September almost anything "high capacity" was no longer listed for sale except the occasional Glock. I had made comments to some of my friends that if one was in the market for a bolt gun, lever gun, or revolver, there were plenty to be had. But alas about the only semi auto's for sale were 1911's or single stack "pocket guns". I personally do not need another AR, but it is good to see the gun market starting to get back to normal. I am hoping for a resurgence of availability like we had in the early 1980's.....yes I am dating myself, but in the '80's I was a broke young man that couldn't afford most guns, I only had a few.

It will be good for our new younger shooter's to be able to get what they want, when they want it, and for us older guys/gals too.
    I'm ready to start working on my collection again. Honestly when Trump won, I felt like a weight had been lifted off of me, no more worrying about gun and ammo bans.
    I am curious how the gun industry will try to instill another "fear" to drive sales. We should start to see more availability and lower prices.
    That's EXACTLY how I felt. Like 100lbs was off my Chest. It was dusty in the room too. The Republic was saved and
    our 2nd amendment right was saved!!! I truly believe his election prevented a second revolution.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Oh also with people hurrying to dump their goods they thought they were gonna bank on under Hillary, they better lower their prices fast because soon supply will drive their guns even lower and who wouldn't wanna buy new rather than new when it's the same price or lower!

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    :+1:I guess I'll have to keep the other three ARs, and hundreds of Pmags for myself, darn, I was looking to retire off the unprepared! Since they ain't eating anything, they'll just have to remain in the armory for now.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    Honestly, I didn't have any intention of making a profit off of the magazines and lowers I bought. I had checked my stuff and found I could assemble maybe four ARs from the parts boxes with a few small purchases. I like having stuff to do so I figured this would be a good project. I will be assembling three ARs when I can find the time, now that I have something fun to do, I don't have the time anymore.

I will surely sell one or two of them, I already have two AR's and a Ruger SR556. Not right yet though since the market is glutted. As for magazines, you never have too many magazines IMO so the very few I added pre-election will be put to good use. Ammo, when do you have enough of that? Never, it too will get used and the cases reloaded.

As for Trump's election being the salvation of the free world? Ge is certainly a better prospect for doing this than Hillary, or Bernie. One day before too much longer I really want to see a Libertarian President. Then real change will occur.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    PSA has saturated the AR market and with Trump gaining power the embargo on commies may end and we're likely to see hundreds of thousands of guns being imported.
    I won't mind seeing all the cheap AKs and ammo coming back.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    Honestly when Trump won, I felt like a weight had been lifted off of me, no more worrying about gun and ammo bans.
    I was relieved as well. Could finally "relax" for a bit but yet not get complacent.:twocents:

I've rounded up some AR stuff last couple of months so I should be good for a little bit. If the prices drop significantly, I'll take advantage of it though.

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    PSA has saturated the AR market and with Trump gaining power the embargo on commies may end and we're likely to see hundreds of thousands of guns being imported.
    I won't mind seeing all the cheap AKs and ammo coming back.
    I really hope the day comes where aks are cheap again

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    I bought cheap and stacked deep and would have been happy to make a few bucks off the panickers, but I am just as happy not to so I can still buy cheap. Now if .22lr will become cheap again so I can build the stock back up.

The panic shortages have been held off for a little while this time, but there WILL be another one if only because people never learn and will not maintain a stash to carry them through.

Top Bottom