• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Well, he's a Republican and Wikipedia says "He has been a strong advocate for second amendment rights and opposes federal restrictions on gun sales". So, it looks like it is just a mater of signing before we have another Constitutional Carry state.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Idaho currently has permitless open carry and permitless concealed carry outside of towns. They need a license to concealed carry around town. :n00b:

SB1389 is given a good chance to pass and will allow those age 21+ permitless CC in towns as well.

Not perfect constitutional carry, but a significant step in the right direction. Hoping it passes. :yesway:

GUN WATCH: ID: Constitutional Carry Advances

Permitless open carry and permitless CC not in towns. This must have been in response to those new-fangled Colt Peacemakers.

Seriously this is good to hear. Next year it will be Indiana.

John Galt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 18, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    As there will be a new House Chair of Public Policy in the Statehouse next year since Rep. Dermody retired, let's keep sending polite messages to Speaker Bosma reminding him about these things.

MTC

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Governor Otter just signed the bill. Idaho has just become the 9th Constitutional Carry state! Good job Idaho!

Yes. Great job.

9th? Missed a few in my older count. As a recap, would you be kind enough to post a current list of Constitutional Carry states?

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Constitutional Carry states:
    1. Vermont (1791)
    2. Alaska (2003)
    3. Arizona (2010)
    4. Wyoming (2011)- residents only
    5. Arkansas (2013)
    6. Kansas (2015)
    7. Maine (2015)
    8. West Virgina (6/5/2016)
    9. Idaho (7/1/2016)- residents only, 21+

Not yet updated for Idaho:
    450px-Rtc.gif

Last edited:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Constitutional Carry states:
    1. Vermont (1791)
    2. Alaska (2003)
    3. Arizona (2010)
    4. Wyoming (2011)- residents only
    5. Arkansas (2013)
    6. Kansas (2015)
    7. Maine (2015)
    8. West Virgina (6/5/2016)
    9. Idaho (7/1/2016)- residents only, 21+

Not yet updated for Idaho:
    450px-Rtc.gif

All steps in the right direction but I can't help but notice little caveats in some states' "constitutional carry" laws. I read in this year's attempt at CC in Tennessee, they had an educational provision in it. I guess after you completed a course, THEN you could CC. Even with that, it didn't make it.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Understood. Each of the four classifications in the image above covers a range of conditions. Both Illinois and Indiana are shall issue states, but no one thinks that they are the same as far as restrictions go.

Constitutional Carry doesn't mean that there are no no firearms laws to follow. For example, felons still can't carry in CC states. The fact that a couple of CC states have some restrictions really doesn't change the fact that people can simply buy a gun, walk out of the store and immediately open or concealed carry. Hopefully, those restrictions noted above will be removed in time.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Understood. Each of the four classifications in the image above covers a range of conditions. Both Illinois and Indiana are shall issue states, but no one thinks that they are the same as far as restrictions go.

Constitutional Carry doesn't mean that there are no no firearms laws to follow. For example, felons still can't carry in CC states. The fact that a couple of CC states have some restrictions really doesn't change the fact that people can simply buy a gun, walk out of the store and immediately open or concealed carry. Hopefully, those restrictions noted above will be removed in time.

Right. I'm with you on the restrictions (felons, places prohibited, and other various laws). I was just making an observation because of a previous comment by an INGOer (whose identity I've forgotten now), some time ago, that constitutional carry was constitutional carry. Obviously not. I agree in the hope that these provisos will eventually fall away.

Top Bottom