• ...and so much more!
  • Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    I wasn't responding you your Glock bash, I was just responding to the umbrella statement that made you look... well... let's face it... stupid. :dunno: Your statement would be like HICKMAN stating that the 1911 or B.A.R. was a poor design and was useless in battle. Out of line, unbased, and completely foolish.

I'm actually glad you were just baiting, and not serious. I actually believe you are normal again. :thumbsup:

Yup, just don't leave your Glock or ice cream in the sun, and all will be good :cool:

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Way up North
    Yep, Yep, MMMmmmhHmmm..
    This is basicly what I picture every time I ever put one in my hand, never braved firing one of these toys.
    First time fired, just like I pictured it ;)
    I know, I know, lets here the howl of the glock people.
    Few more bucks and they could'v gotten the officers nice, safe Sigs :)~
    ""My dunce cap please:D""

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    Too bad Pachmayr doesn't make grips with metal inserts for Glocks... That's what they used when they were hotrodding the .38 Super in the 1911 back in the '70s.

Of course, if the case ruptured, all the shooter had was a stinging hand and a blown magazine. Maybe some bashed lugs if he was unlucky. But nothing like what we're seeing these days, from plastic...

I've often wondered when we're going to start seeing "Made in Taiwan" stamped on the frames... :D

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    You know I'm not being that general. Most guns don't have the features that aid in kabooms. Chamber design was the context of that quote.

Gotcha, I agree with you there.

They traded a fully supported chamber for reliability.

Guess I am a risk taker.

Just amazes me with the thousands of Glock shooters around the country competing with these things we don't hear more about them blowing up.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Your statement would be like HICKMAN stating that the 1911 or B.A.R. was a poor design and was useless in battle.

Some day I'll have one of them purdy boy guns, then I could go shoot with BWFRAME. Some day...

I carry a glock because I can't afford a 1911 yet.

Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    Too bad Pachmayr doesn't make grips with metal inserts for Glocks... That's what they used when they were hotrodding the .38 Super in the 1911 back in the '70s.

Of course, if the case ruptured, all the shooter had was a stinging hand and a blown magazine. Maybe some bashed lugs if he was unlucky. But nothing like what we're seeing these days, from plastic...

I've often wondered when we're going to start seeing "Made in Taiwan" stamped on the frames... :D
    I wonder if this why companies are starting to make aftermarket metal frames for Glocks?

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    That's what I'm given to understand... I mean, if a company can't get a part right (Ruger 10/22, anyone?), others will rise up and make it right! :D

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    That's what I'm given to understand... I mean, if a company can't get a part right (Ruger 10/22, anyone?), others will rise up and make it right! :D

You are exactly correct. So if someone wanted to improve the barrel of their glock, they can with an after-market barrel.

If they don't like the trigger of the M&P, they can get it improved.

As far as 1911's go... is there a bigger after-market market?

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    Some day I'll have one of them purdy boy guns, then I could go shoot with BWFRAME. Some day...

I carry a glock because I can't afford a 1911 yet.

I shot with Mr. B Saturday. He was in his usual gray and furry cold weather shirt and tucked in 1911... it's kinda like Old Faithful... if that 1911 wasn't there and going bang... what would we do? :):

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Never had a problem with my G17.

Then again, I've never taken it hot-tubbing, never let it sit there dirty, never fed it over-proof loads, nor mistreated it in any way.

As my more-or-less insane father said (and here he was, at least once, correct):
    "Take care of your piece and it will take care of you. Treat any piece with the respect you would give your own life, for it is your life which you protect in protecting your piece."

But then again, I've never had a problem with my Sig, either, for the same reason.

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    Then again, I've never taken it hot-tubbing, never let it sit there dirty, never fed it over-proof loads, nor mistreated it in any way.

Blasphemy. I thought all glock owners threw their guns in the mud, buckets of ice, added some sand, never cleaned them and shot 15,000 rounds without a malfunction?
    You say you never abuse yours?
    I'm sure you are shunned in the Glock community. :D

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Blasphemy. I thought all glock owners threw their guns in the mud, buckets of ice, added some sand, never cleaned them and shot 15,000 rounds without a malfunction?
    You say you never abuse yours?
    I'm sure you are shunned in the Glock community. :D

Wouldn't know if I'm shunned, as I don't much bother to check.

Nor would I much care for anyone's opinion if in keeping a clean firearm, it would put me in that person's bad graces.

Then again, I don't fit in anywhere, having a Glock, Sig, and planning to finance a 1911.

I refuse to sacrifice utility for hyperbole or branding or the opinions of the nodding masses - John Browning came up with damned good firearms and is perhaps, top-of-my-head, the man whom I admire most... the next being General Jack Pershing. Gaston Glock had a good idea as well, and despite people not understanding the term 'polymer', relegating the word to the apparently cesspool of 'plastic,' many things are made of polymer which do just fine. I trust each of my pieces with my life, and don't do anything particularly foolhardy with any of them. I'd like to live to be an old man one day. Yes, the barrel ramp on most Glocks is pretty steep... knowing a weakness allows one to minimize a weakness. Rotate rounds. Don't file the ramp... don't put over-proof loads in one. Don't deliberately try to destroy your weapon, and you'll have amazing luck in seeing it not destroy you.

And that's just my philosophy on pretty much anything, but especially firearms: don't do stupid stuff - at least, not on purpose. :)

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    Well, if anyone doesn't want their plastic guns, I'll take them for free. Just tell me where you live and I'll pick them up at your convenience.... shucks.... I'll be that guy I guess.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Well, if anyone doesn't want their plastic guns, I'll take them for free. Just tell me where you live and I'll pick them up at your convenience.... shucks.... I'll be that guy I guess.

I've also offered the same "bomb/wmd" disposal service... no takers so far :D

Chefcook

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City
    I want to know where all the threads are about Hi Points blowing up????? Ahhh, well it doesn't matter I probably wouldn't buy one of those either...:D :stickpoke:

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    Man that is rough!! a brand new gun boom gone in a flash, Dont shoot cheap ammo!! also Glock will not stand behind any gun that has shot reloads. Hope the shooter is ok!.

Top Bottom