• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    The biggest issue here in my mind is the fact that the media latched onto this line from deep in the document and made it out to be more than it seems to have been intended.

They said among Domestic Violent Extremists, WSEs will be the most persistent. The media turned that into "White supremacists are greatest terror threat". Typical spin on their part.

To give an idea of how that was cherry picked, here is another excerpt.

Reads pretty much the same. So why didn't they report that the Cartel's are the biggest threat?

In case anyone wants to see the actual document
    https://www.dhs.gov/sites/default/files/publications/2020_10_06_homeland-threat-assessment.pdf
    Thanks for the link :yesway:

In reading that document, the report mentions several claims that the Russians are amplifying via social media, that are also being echoed by the Democrat party. So, using the Democrat standard, doesn't that mean that they are spreading Russian dis-information?

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Scholars of what? Tall buildings in lower Manhattan?

1819591-1900208588.jpg

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    So....what do we consider Islamic cells on US soil to be?
    Reading the report, and depending on how that cell came to be, they could be either:
    - foreign terrorist-inspired Homegrown Violent Extremists (HVEs)
    - Foreign Terrorist Organizations (FTOs)

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Its nonsense to change the wording of what I said to suit personal needs for a response. Who killed more people since I don't know go back to a date that suits your position where the left has killed more people than the right in this country. I believe that date would have to be Cherry picked.

I did not go back to copy your exact wording. Instead I paraphrased. And I think my paraphrase is more true to your previous words than the above.

“There's one side of the political spectrum that's been carrying out actual attacks for years. It ain't Biden voters.”

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    Political violence in America is as old as America...

https://warisboring.com/a-brief-history-of-american-political-violence/

The objectively low levels of violence in 2016 — brawls at rallies aside — is a relatively recent phenomenon.In 240 years, assassins have gunned down four sitting presidents. Myriad individuals have planned to kill at least 18 of the nation’s 44 chief executive. Of course, some would-be killers were driven by mental illness, cult beliefs or a desire for fame rather than politics.

But America’s presidents are far from the only targets of political violence. For decades after the United States declared independence from Great Britain, only land-owning white men could vote, and violence marred each presidential election cycle as the disenfranchised took to the streets.

https://listverse.com/2018/10/16/10-terrible-acts-of-us-political-violence/

https://www.thoughtco.com/terrorism-in-america-3209268

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    So are islamic terrorists left wing or right wing?

Depends. When the violence is outside a traditionalist Islamic country, it’s left wing.... when it’s inside, it right. Left and right ideologies are dependent on the place and the history associated.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Its nonsense to change the wording of what I said to suit personal needs for a response. Who killed more people since I don't know go back to a date that suits your position where the left has killed more people than the right in this country. I believe that date would have to be Cherry picked.

The left has without a doubt killed more people every year since 1973. Unless you don’t consider unborn children ‘people’ or you don’t think it is the left that is primarily responsible for that state of affairs

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The left has without a doubt killed more people every year since 1973. Unless you don’t consider unborn children ‘people’ or you don’t think it is the left that is primarily responsible for that state of affairs
    Be’s talking about political violence though.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    My first thought was all the anti-war activity during the Vietnam protests. Clearly, at least for the majority of that period, the left was the major offender in arson and bombings. I'm not sure about deaths. This number was somewhat mitigated by the curb-stomping police of the period, but nowhere near fully mitigated.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011

https://www.cnn.com/2016/04/21/politics/donald-trump-republican-platform-abortion/index.html

So We have found something you disagree with Donald Trump on? You are still voting for him?

I guess you are moving to the left.

Checked here for 2020 priorities, https://www.donaldjtrump.com/media/...ident-trumps-2nd-term-agenda-fighting-for-you, didn't see abortion or the 2nd amendment.

I believe the 2016 campaign mentioned both, but can't be certain.

Are you voting to kill more people than the more traditional position of the Republican party?

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    https://www.cnn.com/2016/04/21/politics/donald-trump-republican-platform-abortion/index.html

So We have found something you disagree with Donald Trump on? You are still voting for him?

Checked here for 2020 priorities, https://www.donaldjtrump.com/media/...ident-trumps-2nd-term-agenda-fighting-for-you, didn't see abortion or the 2nd amendment.

Are you voting to kill more people than the more traditional position of the Republican party?
    You didn't read it all did you? Right at the bottom of the page.

DEFEND AMERICAN VALUES

• Continue nominating constitutionalist Supreme Court and lower court judges
    • Protect unborn life through every means available
    • Defend the freedoms of religious believers and organizations
    • Support the exercise of Second Amendment rights

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    My first thought was all the anti-war activity during the Vietnam protests. Clearly, at least for the majority of that period, the left was the major offender in arson and bombings. I'm not sure about deaths. This number was somewhat mitigated by the curb-stomping police of the period, but nowhere near fully mitigated.
    The 60s/70s is what comes to mind for me too. Lots of left wing radical groups bombing various buildings and such. We really didn’t have much of that on the right side of things. Foz was trying to push the nonsense that that no one voting for Biden did that. There are many people alive today, who’ve not answered for their violence back then, who I’m sure aren’t voting for Trump.

It’s a major problem of the left that they refuse to acknowledge their own problems with radicals/extremists, as if they have none. We’ve seen it all year long. “Peaceful protests” my ass. And I’ll give you credit where credit is due. You’ve been one of the few peoole I know of on the left side of center who’ve acknowledged, and condemned those doing it.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    You didn't read it all did you? Right at the bottom of the page.

Nope I certainly missed that. Thanks for pointing that out.

Di you think that means Trump has changed his position on the 3 exceptions.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

I don’t think that would be considered political violence. Or violence of any sort. It’s a despicable practice, yes, but not murder. At least no in my opinion.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    The 60s/70s is what comes to mind for me too. Lots of left wing radical groups bombing various buildings and such. We really didn’t have much of that on the right side of things. Foz was trying to push the nonsense that that no one voting for Biden did that. There are many people alive today, who’ve not answered for their violence back then, who I’m sure aren’t voting for Trump.

It’s a major problem of the left that they refuse to acknowledge their own problems with radicals/extremists, as if they have none. We’ve seen it all year long. “Peaceful protests” my ass. And I’ll give you credit where credit is due. You’ve been one of the few peoole I know of on the left side of center who’ve acknowledged, and condemned those doing it.

I went to high school across the hills from Berkeley. I remember some of the older brothers of friends who were involved with Students For Democratic Action, which evolved into SDS. It was peaceful and ideological at the time, but quickly went violent when protests got larger.

It was a very violent period. There is a film on Netflix called The Trial of the Chicago 7. My wife and I watched it. It is a pretty good microcosm of the period. She felt that it brought back a lot of memories of the way things actually were at the time. It didn't matter which party you looked to. Both parties were "in power" and the kids being drafted were not.

I wonder if the soccer moms of today and their spouses would support a draft for anything like a Vietnam conflict in 2020...........

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011

Apologies for the second part of this post as it was due to a failure to completely with comprehension.

I believe the first part to be accurate unless you know of Trump saying otherwise.

Top Bottom