jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Guys...

When Freeman pokes fun at rhino, it's understood that his tone is anything but serious. He's clear to say, for example, "People are being denied their rye-eeets! I blame rhino" (note that this is not a quote, despite the quotation marks, but a relative similarity.) It's obvious that it is not rhino's fault, and knowing how long the two of them have known each other, no, the mod staff does not call this down. Similarly, Kutnupe and indiucky tease good naturedly back and forth.

Some years ago, I made a post to a now-banned member with whom I got into a rather heated argument (heated by comparison to other disagreements I've been in on INGO) and my tone with that member got out of hand. Realizing what I'd said and done, I apologized, reported my own post, and asked the other mods to judge the actions as they would anyone else's.

Let's all keep any calling out of other members or invocations of their names polite and civil, please. Good-natured is the key. We talk about dennying a thread. Why? I don't recall the specifics, but a long time back, Denny, a member here, made at least one post giving information that had been excluded from the original post, that changed the meaning of what had happened. Probably something like "Those cops just curbstomped that guy for no reason!" "Well, no reason except for the hand he b***h-slapped his girlfriend with in front of them..."

I've seen several members recently get their names brought into a thread they weren't in, or get a behavior maliciously named after them, or similar activity. Let's not do this, please? One member got a week off of the board for doing it and then, when advised to stop, doubling down and trying to say he Dindu Nuffin wrong. The first got him a warning. Had he heeded it, there would have been no ban issued.

I won't call this a warning. At this point, I'll call it a request. VUPDBlue has it as a line on his sig, that his "Rule #1" is: Don't be a jerk. Most of us learned in childhood to treat others as we'd like to be treated.

Will you all please do that, or even treat others better than you'd like to be treated?

Thanks in advance!

Blessings,
    Bill

Denny!

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    When Freeman pokes fun at rhino, it's understood that his tone is anything but serious. He's clear to say, for example, "People are being denied their rye-eeets! I blame rhino" (note that this is not a quote, despite the quotation marks, but a relative similarity.) It's obvious that it is not rhino's fault, and knowing how long the two of them have known each other, no, the mod staff does not call this down.

Objection. Rhino is always at fault . . . AND I am quite cereal.

images

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Objection. Rhino is always at fault . . . AND I am quite cereal.

images

Freeman implied that giving Rhino (as well as others) a hard time was mandatory....... at least that's what the voices tell me.

Also, feel free to give printcraft a hard time, he deserves it and has broad shoulders.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I am thinking that I may be the one under consideration, so here goes.

My deepest apologies to GAIP7R. I did mean to be snarky, but not malicious.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI

He was actually pretty forthcoming with most the only one he really burned was CNN.

The lawyer was very effective laying out the buffer he is placing between business and the presidency. She even got applause until they realized they were doing it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bengineer
    Top Bottom