Police Trade-Ins, where can they be found?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    The name on the building is still Keislers but the civilain sales are through Orion Arms.
    That's where we have been sending all of our G22 and 23's to. Most are old IPD guns but there are a few of the old MCSD engraved G22's that we have turned in. I'm buying mine back, it's a 3rd generation that was issued to me new in 2002. I bought an old generation 2 MCSD engraved that was turned in last year as well. We are shipping a box of about 30 or so guns Tues down there. Some with the MCSD star but most without. Many of this group are generation 3 guns...the last group to get traded out. The new guns have the serial numbers IMxxxxPD but no badge engraving. Here is a pic of what the old MCSD guns look like, this is mine that I'm buying back.
    DSCF3230.jpg

antsi

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Wouldn't a police trade-in typically be kinda worn out?
    I don't know...just asking, but seems to me most departments would target shoot and train quite a bit to keep sharp.

My buddy is the range training officer for his dept. He says there are about 2-3% of cops that are very serious shooters, practice a lot, and always shoot 99 or 100% on qualifications. I think his dept. has about 150 officers and there are 3 guys who really shoot. The majority, he says, shoot only when they have to qualify and most of them just barely pass by the skin of their teeth.

The typical police trade-in gun has a lot of cosmetic wear from being carried, but almost no wear from actual use. Also, since most departments have an armorer and a maintenance schedule, the springs and other small parts subject to wear will usually be pretty fresh.

I think cop trade in guns are a great value. You trade off cosmetic looks - which, unless you're looking for some kind of showpiece, who cares? - and in return you get great function and low price.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Well, the guns we are currently turning in are gen 3 that are maybe 7yrs old or so. they may have 2,000 rds thru them. We shoot twice a year, 8hrs each time, 200-300 rds each time. When we started the upgrades last years, we were getting the oldest guns first. The one I bought was from the first Glocks MCSD bought to replace the Smiths in 1994. It is 15rys old and it shows. The most recent trade-ins are the best deal yet. Here is my old worn beater, I like the look personally.
    Ex-DutyGlock221.jpg

Ex-DutyGlock224.jpg

Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    If cosmetics are THAT big of a deal, you can always get the slide refinished.. Hoosier Gun Coat, Nash GunWerx (sp?) are two forum members that do this sort of thing..

I like the worn look, myself!

dice dealer

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Harrison county
    I have a police issue (ISP) beretta 96 and the 84 off duty .380
    Both are great guns ...came from kieslers, they have the glock trade ins now .. but if your not stuck on the glock you might wanna try good to go tactical in georgetown ...they have a colorado police trade in there that is one hell of a deal INHO

S&W 4006 .40cal ..carrying case and a Bunch of mags ...for like $500 or $550 Clicky;;;> Ammunition - Firearms - Manufacturing : Home

Corky and todd are good guys

Top Bottom