• ...and so much more!
  • VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Well I got pulled over last night. Pulled into the parking lot of a store. I rolled down the window, turned off the truck, turned on the dome light, and put my hands at 11&1 with wallet in my hand. Officer approached cautiously and interacted with my from slightly behind. Politely introduced himself and told me that he pulled me over not having my headlights on. I said "crap" and started laughing. Told him my wife did the same thing the same the day we bought the truck. He thought that was funny. Then asked if I just came out of the gas station (which is very well lit) and if it was OK to see my ID. All was good, he asked how I liked my EcoBoost motor and told me that he just bought a diesel. I mentioned that a LEO body of mine in another town just got one himself. He knew my buddy, we chatted, he wished me a good night and jokingly showed me where I could turn on my headlights. I thanked him for his time.

Why is this in Carry Issues? Because I had two pistols in the factory cases sitting in the seat beside me. I had stopped at the office (behind the gas station) on the way home from the gun store. He shined his light right on them. Also when I gave him my drivers license my LTCH was visible and he saw that as well. Not one question about my guns! How dare this officer treat me with courtesy, at the very least I deserved a good curb stomp!

Kudos to Seymour PD and Officer White. I will make sure to mention his professionalism to his Chief.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    This is why you don't see this sort of news on TV on in the papers--it's how it's supposed to be.

I've gotten spoiled, I guess. My GMC automatically turns my lights on and off for me.

aaron580

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Morgan County
    Amazing. The only pleasant interactions with LEO were my campus police and my fathers cop buddies in town. Ive never had a vehicle with automatic lights. Guess Im not rich enough for one. :(

asevans

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    I have been pulled over about 10 times through out my life and i must say. I have gotten two speeding tickets, a seat belt ticket, passing on a double yellow ticket. all the other times i was given warnings or just was just told that i was stupid and let go. im happy with that.

MDave

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 1, 2009
    Good of you to share. I always try to make it easy on the police. Pull over promptly but safely. Hands clear, much like mentioned in your post. Definitely a good way to go. I have seldom had a problem, got a few tickets. Probably deserved those...:D

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I got a ticket by state police for 70 in a 55 on 465. He wanted me to pull over instantly on 465. I declined. He got mad, I got a ticket. Just not comfortable stopping on a narrow shoulder 465 if I can help it.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I stopped an out-of-state CC'er earlier tonight. He had his hands on the wheel, informed me he had a "CCW," then told me where his license was before he reached for it and again where his registration was before he reached for it. I asked where his pistol was at and asked that he leave it where it was. After running his information I gave him a warning and told him I was glad to see people carrying responsibly. It lacked so much of the drama I often see around INGO. :(

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I stopped an out-of-state CC'er earlier tonight. He had his hands on the wheel, informed me he had a "CCW," then told me where his license was before he reached for it and again where his registration was before he reached for it. I asked where his pistol was at and asked that he leave it where it was. After running his information I gave him a warning and told him I was glad to see people carrying responsibly. It lacked so much of the drama I often see around INGO. :(

You let us down...

:stickpoke:

:laugh:

Scout

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2008
    near Fort Wayne
    Nah. We were cool before that even came up. I didn't have my lights on and he was checking it out. I could have just as easily been drunk.
    I got pulled over for that after pulling out of a well lit parking lot. The cop had stopped in the middle of a 4 lane, and I was too busy wondering what he had stopped for to notice how dark it was. It was cool though, I told him what was going on and he let me go with no trouble.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    At the very least he should have taken the CCers gun apart while pointing it at his kids head. Then take his wallet. What could the driver do he was from out of state?

Something...anything...would have been better than nothing.

:D

Top Bottom