• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • badmac183

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    May 25, 2011
    hamlet, IN
    Does anyone in NWI carry plum crazy lowers? Because after paying shipping and a ffl after buying online makes it just as expensive as buying a normal lower receiver.

dboz

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Greenwood
    This is a little off topic, but don't wait for the 1500 to roll around, thinking that you will save money. Only one guy there last time with plumcrazy lowers, and he wanted almost 400 for them. They go for about 120 on gunbroker all day long. So if you are in NWI and will ship them to Indy area for a reasonable price, please include that in your post

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    They go for about 120 on gunbroker all day long.

Maybe I'm misinformed by why would someone pay $120 for a plastic lower when regular quality-branded forged lowers can be had all over for $50-100?

snowrs

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Evansville
    The $120 is a complete lower, not stripped.

Really, including buffer tube and stock? That is an awful good price regardless but I still don't know If Icould trust a polymer lower that has not been redesigned from the ground up to withstand wear and forces.

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I bought one just to kinda see what it was all about and I liked the idea of the weight savings. I got one from joeboboutfitters and had it transferred here in Ft Wayne and with shipping and transfer it ran me $133 total. I could have saved $10 if I went with all black instead of FDE grip and stock.

It looks good and is light. Its not as nice as a all metal lower. Is it worth the extra $$? Probably, but nit necessarily. I am happy with it in my application.

I wouldn't use one for a shtf or home defense gun, but mine is going to be a cheap dedicated range gun.

img6492p.jpg

Last edited:

billmyn

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    162   0   1
    Mar 19, 2009
    New Ross
    has anyone had any problems with these lowers , have heard that the triggers aren't worth a hoot . been thinking of getting one and replacing trigger group . but just wondering

mike21

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 21, 2010
    Bright
    My local store ordered 6 of them for some friends and I they came out to be $130 with tax. The triggers are pretty good they are about 4.5lbs with some creep. The stocks are from Tapco. The only problem I've had is the hammer is too wide to use in a Chiappa upper

Spot Me 2

Expert
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    has anyone had any problems with these lowers , have heard that the triggers aren't worth a hoot . been thinking of getting one and replacing trigger group . but just wondering

I own 2 and documented the builds here. Both have over 500 rounds through them with NO problems. The trigger groups are polymer and actually have a good feel for a stock trigger. I am about to put one though the paces to see how many rounds it will last.

Drakkule

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Butler,IN. 46721
    We have sold a ton of them, and have not had one come back for any problems. Most of the people that bought one brought someone else in to pick one up after checking them out. I sold one to my brother, and i really like my brother, i have seen a few that have been used with a .50 cal. BMG upper, and the only thing you need to change is the 6 position stock to a fixed stock. I like them, that being said, most of mine are aluminum lowers.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bengineer
    Top Bottom