• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    That's Taco Bell - where all of the extra value meals should be #2....

I only wish I could claim that line... forget the name of the comedian that beat me to it, but I almost drove off the road laughing...

JBusch8899

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    Employee killed by criminal: $100,000 Workers compensation settlement to the survivors.

Criminal wounded by employee carrying his firearm: $1,000,000 civil action against Corporation. Settlement of $250,000 to the criminal. Hero employee saving life of self and coworkers terminated from his position for violation of company policy.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Thank goodness they obeyed Pizza Hut's policy of no firearms, put in place for "employee safety." :rolleyes:

When an employer chooses to disarm their workers, and their workers are a victim of violent crime, I personally think the employer is equally at fault with the agressor.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    If the robber that got shot sues, I'm afraid that one will cost PH more. I can't see any court awarding damages above medical/death benefits to the Guy that did what he was told. I don't like it, but there's nothing that the company could have done to stop a dirtbag bent on doing harm (sounds kinda like the reason many of us oppose restrictions on civilian carry) but they could be seen as mildly negligent in not detecting or enforcing violations of their no weapons policy. What a world we live in.

I think Pizza Hut is grossly negligent for disarming it's employees. If the employee is a LTCH holder, I think they should sue for being disarmed, and Pizza Hut failing to live up to their subsequent assumption of the responsibility to provide protection.

POC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 17, 2010
    West Baden, IN
    I'd love to forego YUM, but they own every restaurant in town!

I've said it over and over and over and OVER again. Someone will come into the hospital I work at and kill at least one of us in the ER. We aren't allowed to carry. We all just tell our families to sue the hospital after it happens....
    I AM working on a presentation to Administration about the safety issues and the NEED to allow us to arm and defend ourselves.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    Yep - based in Louisville... they are THE big sponsor of the Kentucky Derby. I've always wondered what happened to the horses that came in last... (grin)

Sad part is - it's a calculated risk - and they may well be on the right _mathematical_ side of it.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    If its possible for suing anyone for anything, then the employee should sue Pizza Hut for negligent policies. Then settle for a policy change and a modest financial compensation. Maybe other companies would follow suit.

Bubba

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Rensselaer
    I think Pizza Hut is grossly negligent for disarming it's employees. If the employee is a LTCH holder, I think they should sue for being disarmed, and Pizza Hut failing to live up to their subsequent assumption of the responsibility to provide protection.

I agree morally that a company that diaarms licensed carriers is negligent and ought to feel ashamed of itself. I have a hard time conceiving of a court that would agree. A company is no more responsible for choices made by a robber than they are for the path of a tornado and, until you can prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that merely possessing a firearm means a person will not be injured in a robbery, there is more than enough gray area for the company to argue in favor of their gun ban.

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    I thought that in Indiana a criminal (or his next of kin) CAN'T sue for being injured/killed while commiting a crime? Unfortunately, PH's staff of corporate lawyers can bankrupt the employee who's got medical bills and a mimimum wage job, so he won't be the one to make their stupid policy costly for them.
    If the robber that got shot sues, I'm afraid that one will cost PH more. I can't see any court awarding damages above medical/death benefits to the Guy that did what he was told. I don't like it, but there's nothing that the company could have done to stop a dirtbag bent on doing harm (sounds kinda like the reason many of us oppose restrictions on civilian carry) but they could be seen as mildly negligent in not detecting or enforcing violations of their no weapons policy. What a world we live in.

DHolder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Mooresville - MSG2 Hub
    In the long run, the poor guy just trying to pay his bills, will end up with the short straw. This ain't Never Never Land and thats the way the cookie crumbles. (really sad emoticon goes here)

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    I agree morally that a company that diaarms licensed carriers is negligent and ought to feel ashamed of itself. I have a hard time conceiving of a court that would agree. A company is no more responsible for choices made by a robber than they are for the path of a tornado and, until you can prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that merely possessing a firearm means a person will not be injured in a robbery, there is more than enough gray area for the company to argue in favor of their gun ban.

A company is not responsible for the choices of a criminal. They ARE, however, responsible for their choice to disarm their employees and render them helpless by policy, and for their failure to subsequently provide the protection the employee would otherwise have been able to provide for themselves.

Top Bottom