• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Captain Morgan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2012
    terrible haute
    I work at Papa johns. When the news of the shooting hit our store tonight, I was, and am still, disgusted. We drivers are paid little by our companies, disrespected on a regular basis, and put in harm's way over pizza. I don't think it is necessary to go into details about the low pay and disrespect here. What I will say is papa John's needs to change its policy. Now. Most people either know or figure out we are not allowed weapons of any kind on us or in our vehicles. This alone makes us vulnerable. Most know we carry cash on us this makes us targets. What is not being mentioned is the damn sign that we are forced to put on top of our vehicles, this makes us highly visible. You combine these three and a fellow employee has lost his life. I am not a left acting person. I blame the criminal who did this crime and I hope he fries for it, but some of this blood is on Papa johns hands as well.
    No weapons policy and lit car toppers at all times is asking for trouble.
    Tonight my priorities have changed. I am buying a pocket pistol of some kind. It will be on me at all times.
    To the family of the victim, I pray for you tonight and offer my deepest apologies. This could have been avoided.

Make sure you train with that pocket pistol. By the way, I was a driver for a second job, and I broke both of those policies every day I worked. I NEVER put a topper on my car and I ALWAYS carried, even inside the store. I started out with a small revolver because I was able to get it fairly cheap. I bought a pocket holster, super glued velcro to it and also inside my pocket so the holster would stay put. Eventually, I purchased an LC9 and a Galco King Tuk holster, so I was able to tuck my shirt in while carrying, rather than carrying in my pocket.

richardraw316

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    The Danville
    I will train with it. And I will most certainly use a pocket holster. I figure a revolver for the reliable performance out of a pocket. I have a tendency to help make pizzas while I'm not on the road and the flour ends up everywhere, even in the pockets. I just wish this was not something I had to do. I would love for John shnauter to come out and say he was doing away with the ban of weapons carried by drivers. Then again I wish I didn't need to carry a weapon in the first place. Pathetic losers who would rather steal than earn have caused this.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I'm pretty sure this isn't the first Papa Johns driver killed while delivering pizza. Same goes for Pizza Hut, Dominos, or any of the other delivery services out there, or convenience stores, hell, any damn business. if you deny your employee the means to defend themselves, and that employee is injured, you're a ****ing no good slimy criminal just like the trash that pulled the trigger.
    I'm not saying this guy being armed would have saved his life, I don't know that, but to send these people out without any way of fending off the garbage in society is unforgivable, period!

What a ****ed up world we live in.

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2014
    Brookside Park
    I drive a semi locally. I carry against company policy. I didnt used to, but changed my mind after being sent to 23rd and college at midnight one night and had to walk a pretty good distance outside just to get in the factory.

bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    Somebody help him out! It looks like from another thread he posted he sold his guns to meet a financial emergency, and is now saving up for a handgun. If he has an LTCH, maybe someone with a spare pocket pistol can give him a reasonable price?

I work at Papa johns. When the news of the shooting hit our store tonight, I was, and am still, disgusted. We drivers are paid little by our companies, disrespected on a regular basis, and put in harm's way over pizza. I don't think it is necessary to go into details about the low pay and disrespect here. What I will say is papa John's needs to change its policy. Now. Most people either know or figure out we are not allowed weapons of any kind on us or in our vehicles. This alone makes us vulnerable. Most know we carry cash on us this makes us targets. What is not being mentioned is the damn sign that we are forced to put on top of our vehicles, this makes us highly visible. You combine these three and a fellow employee has lost his life. I am not a left acting person. I blame the criminal who did this crime and I hope he fries for it, but some of this blood is on Papa johns hands as well.
    No weapons policy and lit car toppers at all times is asking for trouble.
    Tonight my priorities have changed. I am buying a pocket pistol of some kind. It will be on me at all times.
    To the family of the victim, I pray for you tonight and offer my deepest apologies. This could have been avoided.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Somebody help him out! It looks like from another thread he posted he sold his guns to meet a financial emergency, and is now saving up for a handgun. If he has an LTCH, maybe someone with a spare pocket pistol can give him a reasonable price?
    I don't have anything that is not regularly used, but I'll kick in some dough.

williepete

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2014
    atlanta
    the corporate people will make all the obligatory statements of condolence, and the next day a new person will be hired and and go out unarmed so the pizza place can satisfy their insurance requirements.....cynical crapola

richardraw316

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    The Danville
    I truly appreciate the concern, but I will figure a way to help myself into protection. Please help the victims family. That is where I will try to send some money as soon as I am able.

richardraw316

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    The Danville
    if you have not seen the donation page, the family says the expenses will be around 13,000 dollars. They also say any money that gets donated more than that will be put towards a reward for finding his murderer. I think we should band together the best we can and donate to this cause.

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    I dont understand why people in this type of work would "rather" be killed instead of fired when/if caught with a firearm at work. Atleast you are still alive after getting fired for "violating company policy". The misses should file lawsuit just to jam up the employer. It will only take 1 or 2 lawsuits like this too draw enough BAD PR to these mornic companies.

richardraw316

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    The Danville
    I dont understand why people in this type of work would "rather" be killed instead of fired when/if caught with a firearm at work. Atleast you are still alive after getting fired for "violating company policy". The misses should file lawsuit just to jam up the employer. It will only take 1 or 2 lawsuits like this too draw enough BAD PR to these mornic companies.
    I understand what you are saying, but the reason is not what happens after a driver defends themselves. lets be clear. if I was robbed and had to defend my self, I am not going to give two squirts of p**s if I get fired for it. how ever. I have to conceal that weapon all the time before that happens. We must have our shirts tucked in. this eliminates some conceal areas. in my case, I am a big guy, and the shirt does not tuck well. iwb will not work for me. ankle is just not a real viable option in this case. that leaves pocket carry. up until this point I was not a fan of the idea. I keep money and a pen in that pocket. for me I will have to change the way I do things. money might have to go to different pocket, pen clipped onto shirt. the reason I have not carried at work yet, was fear of the gm or the D.o. seeing it and losing my job.
    I just don't care about that anymore. My eyes are open. if I carry in the store or my vehicle I will run the risk of losing my job, and putting myself even farther into financial hardship. In the end, it is still better than being hurt or killed because I was not carrying.

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    I understand what you are saying, but the reason is not what happens after a driver defends themselves. lets be clear. if I was robbed and had to defend my self, I am not going to give two squirts of p**s if I get fired for it. how ever. I have to conceal that weapon all the time before that happens. We must have our shirts tucked in. this eliminates some conceal areas. in my case, I am a big guy, and the shirt does not tuck well. iwb will not work for me. ankle is just not a real viable option in this case. that leaves pocket carry. up until this point I was not a fan of the idea. I keep money and a pen in that pocket. for me I will have to change the way I do things. money might have to go to different pocket, pen clipped onto shirt. the reason I have not carried at work yet, was fear of the gm or the D.o. seeing it and losing my job.
    I just don't care about that anymore. My eyes are open. if I carry in the store or my vehicle I will run the risk of losing my job, and putting myself even farther into financial hardship. In the end, it is still better than being hurt or killed because I was not carrying.

Keep it in your delivery vehicle! The whole point of having it is when you are out on deliveries. Dont take it in with you to the pizza building if you are afraid of it being seen OR some us here can run you through a mini boot camp and get you in shape so you can see your toes again! :):

Top Bottom