• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    Granite Falls, NC
    I deliver pizza, as a second job, for a major pizza chain. I won't say who, but its one of the big ones. I just had an excellent night on the job (see, sarcasm) and want to introduce you to the people that make a simple job a serious pain in the *** sometimes.

A. The people that don't tip the delivery guy.

If you don't tip your delivery guy, you're a jerk. There are a few exceptions to this rule, such as the pizza being way late, the driver appearing drunk or French, or getting a completely different order than you asked for. An just a hint....a dollar is NOT a tip. You may not be aware of this, but delivery drivers for most companies pay for gas, maintenience, and repairs OUT OF POCKET. Our hourly wage is typically BELOW minimum wage, because we are a "tipped" position.

Bottom line, if you can't afford to cough up a few bucks for the driver, you can't afford to have him bring you a pizza. Stop being cheap...and remember, drivers remember the good tippers AND the bad ones.

B. People that send their kids to the door.

Aw, yes, its cute....your 5 year old paying for a pizza ALL BY HIS LITTLE ITTLE SELF! Its cute until the bugger doesn't tip me because he doesn't know any better, or your teenager pockets the tip so he can buy a new pair of emo jeans. I know its hard to get your lazy *** off the couch and come to the door, but if you don't and your kid forgets the gratuity, don't complain when it takes an hour for me to get to you next time.

C. Cops that like to shadow me for MILES.

Stop doing this. I'm not going to drive like a fool in front of you, and yes, I'm very aware you are there. Its distracting for me, and its a waste of your time and my tax dollars. Go find something better to do, like writing $300 tickets for going 5 over in a school zone.

D. "I'm finding my check book, hang on!"

You knew I was coming...it takes at least 15 minutes for me to get there, so try and have the check ready.

E. People that want ALL the change back, coins included.

You are the lowest form of scum in this entire list, including the people that just don't tip. I don't carry around a coin dispenser to accommodate cheap *******s like you, but every once so often I'm forced to go to the nearest gas station and break a bill so I can give you back your 13 cents.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    Granite Falls, NC
    Oh, I'm not done, I'm just catching my breath!

F. The Oblivious Idiot.

You know, this kinda spans outside of just delivery, because I hate this kinda driver anyway. You're the guy I get stuck behind who just can't seem to drive the speed limit. You don't signal your turns, and you change lanes just short of trading paint with my front or rear bumper. How you passed a road test to GET a license in the first place, I don't know....but stay home and order a pizza, and stay OFF the road, will ya? Don't forget to tip.

G. The Inspector

I understand you want a quality product...but I don't have time to stand there and open every box so you can check temperature, density of ingredients, etc....if there's an obvious problem with your order, call the store, and they'll send me back out with a free pizza that you won't tip me for re-delivering, ok? You wouldn't BELIEVE the obnoxious crap people come up with, no doubt trying to get out of paying. I've heard someone complain to me that there were TOO MANY pepperonis on his pepperoni pizza. Its delivery, not DiGiorno, so don't expect it to be made to your EXACTING specifications.

H. Mr. Hi Beams.

Oh how I hate you. You always seem to show up on dark roads, or when I'm looking for an address, or right as I'm taking a turn, always after sundown. You're the jackhole that never dims his high beams. I just LOVE being blinded when I'm driving down the road. Note to "Cop that Likes to Shadow me for Miles".....if you're still back there, please pull this guy over.

Thats all for now. I'm sure if I sit here long enough, I'll come up with more. Thanks for reading!

Oh, and to those of you who DO tip and aren't complete PITAs....THANK YOU! You're the only reason that this job is worth my time and wear and tear on my car.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    I feel for you! Different industry for me, same kind of morons.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    Granite Falls, NC
    And drivers REALLY hate that delivery charge, because a lot of people assume it goes DIRECTLY to us, and won't tip because they either feel angry over being "forced to tip", or feel that its a sufficient tip itself (again, assuming it goes to us.)

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Question: if you're not reimbursed for mileage, what is the delivery charge for?

That's actually a good question, because I've been in the habit of factoring the "delivery charge" into my tipping, as I assumed this automatically goes to the driver.

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    WOW I delivered Pizza in High School for a few yrs and only had a great time. Tiips where always great from, cash, to beer, to pot, to ummm yeah on occasion those adult mags do get a thing right from time to time. Sorry to hear people are treating you so poorly!

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    And drivers REALLY hate that delivery charge, because a lot of people assume it goes DIRECTLY to us,

Wow, good to know! I would hate that too!

If I see a $2.50 'delivery charge', and I was planning on a $5 tip, I would give the driver $2.50.

Militarypol21

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    Question: if you're not reimbursed for mileage, what is the delivery charge for?
    I was about to ask that same exact question! If there is a delivery charge some might ask, "Why should I tip if they are charging me for delivery?"... although I always tip anyways... was kinda wondering myself what that charge is for???

oh... and hang in there cause I'm a lazy *** and dont feel like driving to get my pizza. If it weren't for good workers like yourself I dont know what I would do! :yesway:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    Granite Falls, NC
    WOW I delivered Pizza in High School for a few yrs and only had a great time. Tiips where always great from, cash, to beer, to pot, to ummm yeah on occasion those adult mags do get a thing right from time to time. Sorry to hear people are treating you so poorly!

Nah, its not all bad. I just had a crappy day. Some people around here are GREAT tippers...but when you get the bad ones, they all seem to come in a row.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    Granite Falls, NC
    Wow, good to know! I would hate that too!

If I see a $2.50 'delivery charge', and I was planning on a $5 tip, I would give the driver $2.50.

This is why I LOVE it when a customer asks me about the delivery charge...usually, they just don't know and once they do, the tips get better!

Its stupid...I mean, I understand the store has costs associated with delivery, but do they really have to tack on a "delivery charge" and so people assume they're paying it to the drivers? Considering that delivery makes up a HUGE portion of their business, you think they'd just suck it up so that their drivers can make some cash too.

Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I have been successful in never peeing off a pizza delivery person.

I have NEVER ordered pizza delivered. I pick it up myself.

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    Can't you claim the difference in mileage on your income taxes if they pay less than the federal mileage reimbursement rate? what they pay you in mileage is intended to cover your gas, your car repairs, your oil changes, etc. (sorry, don't mean to nitpick this one tiny point in an otherwise lovely rant [I work retail: I get it], but I also used to work as a traveling sales rep, so I have a minute idea about mileage reimbursement, which is currently $0.55 per mile).

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    FTR, I'd probably tip extra if I had pizza delivered to my house right now because Hamilton County is doing its best to quarantine me to my neighborhood. /sigh

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    Granite Falls, NC
    Can't you claim the difference in mileage on your income taxes if they pay less than the federal mileage reimbursement rate? what they pay you in mileage is intended to cover your gas, your car repairs, your oil changes, etc. (sorry, don't mean to nitpick this one tiny point in an otherwise lovely rant [I work retail: I get it], but I also used to work as a traveling sales rep, so I have a minute idea about mileage reimbursement, which is currently $0.55 per mile).

I haven't heard about that. I have been told, however, that I can claim my fuel expenses on my income tax return, but I haven't figured out how I'm going to keep my personal and business use straight...I'm terrible at tracking receipts, and I don't fill up every day.

Top Bottom