• ...and so much more!
  • nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    How do we go about getting the actual files? I guess I didn’t realize that was an option.

I bought a can at Bobcat a year or two ago and did the kiosk so they should have my prints still I would assume?

I just sent off two free Form 1’s but did the old school ink fingerprint cards. Just mailed them out today.
    I am not sure now. I used a kiosk in Onalaska Wisconsin when I bought a silencer from them. I thought they said the prints were saved and I could use them over and over. The process was really easy at that time but I have not needed to use the prints since then.

sloppyjoe

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 27, 2019
    Brownsburg
    I am not sure now. I used a kiosk in Onalaska Wisconsin when I bought a silencer from them. I thought they said the prints were saved and I could use them over and over. The process was really easy at that time but I have not needed to use the prints since then.

Silencershop will sell you printed cards for $15 per pair, but wont give the .eft file. Go here to get the .eft file. I just did mine at UPS a few weeks ago through this site https://printscan-scheduling-appointment.azurewebsites.net/Appointment/Start

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota

BroodXI

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 15, 2010
    Salem
    Has the ATF clarified engraving requirements or the ability to file under a trust?

The initial filing indicated no engraving requirements, but you had to file as an individual if the firearm wasnt already on your gun trust. I only put NFA items on my trust, so as I understood their original requirements, I would only be tax exempt if I filed the pistol brace eForm1s as an individual.

One way is to use a Silencer Shop Kiosk in a gun shop near you.
    https://www.silencershop.com/storelocator/
    Printscan via ups as well. the file is emailed to you.

BroodXI

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 15, 2010
    Salem
    I read you can print the file using this software. I have not tried it myself so I don't know if this is true or if it can print directly or if you have to convert the file to a more common image format.

i stand corrected, thanks for the info. i messed up registering and misspelled my name the first time around. they said they couldn't fix it. i'm going to install this and see if i can read and correct the file.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    i stand corrected, thanks for the info. i messed up registering and misspelled my name the first time around. they said they couldn't fix it. i'm going to install this and see if i can read and correct the file.
    I have not tried it. It is government software so maybe it works or maybe it breaks your computer. :dunno:

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    137   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    Did I read CORRECTLY somewhere recently that all "amnesty" form 1 submitted under this new brace regulation are considered "approved" as soon as they are submitted?

Jont22

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Aug 24, 2019
    Morgan County
    Did I read CORRECTLY somewhere recently that all "amnesty" form 1 submitted under this new brace regulation are considered "approved" as soon as they are submitted?
    If I’m reading correctly. Submitted = Registered but not Approved.
    - All forms submitted before May 31, 2023 will be processed. The ATF will consider a copy of your "submitted" form as proof of registration until your form is approved. You will be in compliance if you are in possession of that form.

- Tac 14 / Shockwave shotguns are not permitted to be registered tax free.

- Once the stamp is approved, any stock device can be used on the registered SBR. Vertical grips may also be installed. (Yes, they said approved, not submitted.)

Aszerigan

Whitetail Trading Co.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    390   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    They're not approved upon submitting, but a copy of your forms is your proof that it is "in process" and you're compliant with the law. It acts the same as an approved form 1 for proving registration to interested parties until your approved forms come back.

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    137   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    OK...Thank you for that info. So...do you have to wait to change your brace to a stock until you get the approval or is it OK to swap to stock while still "in process"?

stoyan79

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 24, 2009

Nop
    OK...Thank you for that info. So...do you have to wait to change your brace to a stock until you get the approval or is it OK to swap to stock while still "in process"?

From what I understand from now on brace and stock is the same thing. To be on the safe side I'll keep pistol and stock/brace separate until approved.

Aszerigan

Whitetail Trading Co.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    390   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    The powers that be said you'd be allow to change your brace to a stock when the form is approved. It was in the midst of answering several other questions as well, so to be safe, I'd just wait.

The email for the ATF is in the first post, might want to shoot them a message and see what they say.

Last edited:

sloppyjoe

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 27, 2019
    Brownsburg
    I guess I should clarify my previous question. The ATF originally said that you can only file under a trust for the pistol brace exemption if you have a notarized schedule A with the pistols included that is dated Jan 13 2023 or earlier. This effectively means that all braced pistols will need to be eForm1ed as an individual. That is unless they have changed their minds.

BroodXI

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 15, 2010
    Salem
    I guess I should clarify my previous question. The ATF originally said that you can only file under a trust for the pistol brace exemption if you have a notarized schedule A with the pistols included that is dated Jan 13 2023 or earlier. This effectively means that all braced pistols will need to be eForm1ed as an individual. That is unless they have changed their minds.
    it says a notarized trust, or a schedule A. doesn't say the schedule A needs notarized.

Top Bottom