• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dr Dave

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    Not trying to argue but, statistics can be slanted to fit any need. How many times did the civilian pull his weapon last week to defend himself or someone else. Three times for me. A burglar trying to steal weapons (caught), a person firing shots in a housing project (caught) and a car thief with stolen guns (wrecked and caught).

This was not trying to pat myself or anyone on the back. I was just a small part. There are husndreds of cases across Indiana each day. Can we place a number on the people possibly saved during these arrests.

Two weeks ago, we had a guy who stabbed another person while he was asleep on a bus stop bench. Later that day the guy was spotted at a local shelter. Within 30 seconds, three uniformed cars arrived and the bad guy was apprehended.

I would like to see or read about these rampages that were stopped by civilians before passing a quick judgement. If you have any websites, Please post.

First off, great job to you and your coworkers !
    You guys deserve an atta boy !
    Thank you !

2nd, why does it have to be either or ?
    Police do a good jub but cannot be everywhere. They are reactive to reported crimes, unless they happen to be there.
    Regular citizens, who are already there, have a much shorter reaction time.
    If there was an off duty cop that was carrying at an active shooter event his response time would be better than on duty LEO also.

I also agree some people shouldn't carry guns based on their gun handling skills ( or more specifically their lack of ) and this includes some LEOs ( see it more with the non LEO gun owner though )

As far as rampages stopped, there was a school shooting that the principal stopped by running to his car and getting his pistol, and another at a law school where students ran to their car and got a pistol(s) and stopped a rampage.

RabbleRouser

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 24, 2011
    Mishawaka
    i-am-the-law.jpg

Top Bottom