• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    OH, that would be a riot if he would hook up with another team--literally! I can see it all now, booing and hissing when he came to play Lucas Stadium. People burning their Manning jerseys in the streets, the wailing and gnashing of teeth...

Just warms this ole' Bears fan's heart I tell ya.

Just like some did to Cutler Jersey's after last years NFC CG. Of course I don't have a Manning jersey. I have two jersey's. A current Colt player and a former Colt player. I would burn the former Colt player, but the chances of him playing in anymore NFL games is slim to none.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    You can't honestly say with a straight face that he wouldn't be a huge asset in developing Luck.

Painter sucks because Painter sucks. That's on the organization for not signing quality depth.

And that is coming from a Colts/Manning hater.

Is he actually over that fit he threw when the Luck talk started? I mean, I think daddy had to put it out there but I don't think he wants to develop his replacement.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Is he actually over that fit he threw when the Luck talk started? I mean, I think daddy had to put it out there but I don't think he wants to develop his replacement.

I'm talking about if he does what is right and hangs up the pads. If he wants an easy "in" into a coaching position he'll mentor Luck in a heartbeat.

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    Did someone actually admit to liking Da Bears? Sound like time for an intervention.
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIfUW-cSaeI[/ame]

My cousin did this after losing a bet on the bears.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Rumors and misinformation sell advertising time and space. These clowns have to justify their paychecks somehow. Everyone has an opinion and an a..hole. Unfortunately this time the A..holes are the ones with the opinions.
    I'll wait until Manning lets us know for sure.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Rumors and misinformation sell advertising time and space. These clowns have to justify their paychecks somehow. Everyone has an opinion and an a..hole. Unfortunately this time the A..holes are the ones with the opinions.
    I'll wait until Manning lets us know for sure.

Does that mean the Colts medical staff that hasn't cleared him are all a..holes? He is cleared in that the fusion is solid. He hasn't passed a team physical. If he can't by March 8th, I'd doubt anyone would take a chance on him...then again, the Broncos could take him to have a QB better than Tebow or Quinn. That isn't saying much though.

Ogre

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    You can't honestly say with a straight face that he wouldn't be a huge asset in developing Luck.

Painter sucks because Painter sucks. That's on the organization for not signing quality depth.

And that is coming from a Colts/Manning hater.
    Painter wasn't anything great in college (coming from a Purdue fan), but I don't think he got anything from his years behind Peyton, aside from watching. I'm sure Manning could be a good mentor and QB coach, but I have a feeling that he had no interest in mentoring Sorgi or Painter. Manning was out to improve himself everyday, not teach others.

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    OH, that would be a riot if he would hook up with another team--literally! I can see it all now, booing and hissing when he came to play Lucas Stadium. People burning their Manning jerseys in the streets, the wailing and gnashing of teeth...

Just warms this ole' Bears fan's heart I tell ya.

That would never happen, Colts fans would never hate Peyton. He took an average team to success that only the Patriots could better. The fans will not forget that, in fact most seem to be on his side and if Irsay does not pay him even if he isnt healthy they will be mad.

I think a big chunk of fans are not Colt fans, but fans of Manning and fans of winning. Same with most any team though.

Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    I think that Painter could be a decent QB somewhere in a more conventional offense. The screwy offensive system with a 2 by 2 set and very little motion that the Colts run was built around and for Manning. I don't think that anyone else could be successful in that system. With all of the changes in the front office and coaching staff this year, look for a new scheme to be put into place. Manning is done in Indy even if he is cleared to play. They are not going to try to rebuild around him for another 1-2 years and then start all over again. I expect to see a more conventional looking offense next year with more 3 wide sets and motion. I also wouldn't be surprised to see them go to more of a West Coast style.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Painter was having some serious issues getting the ball to his receiver quite a bit of the time. I think he could grow to be a solid back up but nothing more. System shouldn't matter all that much if you get reps with your 1st and 2nd offense even if you're going to be nothing more than a career back up...but wait, the Colts rarely worked their back up QBs in practice...hmmm. Nothing like setting someone up to fail.

acase20

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2009
    Jay County
    I love Peyton and hope he comes back but I hope its with another team. I hope that he wins a Superbowl on his new team while the Colts rebuild.

Top Bottom