• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    ABOUT FACE.....eye to eye until he speaks or backs the F*ck up!!!, Point made!!

Everybody understands the potiential dangers at the ATM, so he is either an A$$hole or a robber or ignorant...........your point will be clear!!!

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Greensburg
    I'm still not completely ready for OC. But, I'm to the point where if it's showing, I won't try to cover it. Me and a friend go to the Bank to get some money for a going away party for our friend (Ships off to The NAVY today)

When I get out of the car my pistol's in the wide open (4 o'clock). I'm trying not to care, so I leave it. Walk up to the ATM and another guy gets RIGHT UP BEHIND ME as the machine is flip flip flip flip flip fliping out 160 in 20's. I told my friend standing beside me to move over to my right side, he finally noticed and got between him and my gun. I finished and stood guard little ways away while my friend got his money.

What do you do when something like that happens?
    What was the point of your friend getting between the guy and YOUR gun? If I felt in danger at all, my main concern would be keeping control of MY gun. The money could hit the pavement and blow away for all I care as long as I can retain my weapon. As far as personal space goes, I agree with medic, stand eye to eye, nose to nose with them until they back up.:twocents:

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    ABOUT FACE.....eye to eye until he speaks or backs the F*ck up!!!, Point made!!

Everybody understands the potiential dangers at the ATM, so he is either an A$ or a robber or ignorant...........your point will be clear!!!

Exactly that! He'll back off, or we'll be there a while. Some folks will crowd you hoping to get you to let them jump line. I won't move. Line jumpers aren't human :xmad:

Scout

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2008
    near Fort Wayne
    I would have asked my friend to take over ATM duty, then taken post behind Mr. Weirdo. There's only one way out, and that's past a gun.

roscott

Master
    Rating - 97.6%
    41   1   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    I saw a guy with a Marine Corp Scout Sniper shirt on the other day.
    I would consider this very similar to OCing. It might place you first on the list to get shot, but it also says very loudly BTFU.

I rarely OC, but I always notice when anyone is near me, and I won't let anyone stand directly behind me (where I can't see them.) If I OC, someone might feel inclined to go for my gun, but they'll die trying to get it. The switch flips very quickly for me. :boxing:

I think it's just personal preference.

BUT...

Consider if we all OCed. If all the CCers suddenly made the shift, there would be open guns everywhere. Then you would no longer be a target at all, people would get used to seeing guns, (and not be terrified), and the criminals would suddenly realize the world isn't as vulnerable as they might like.

Sure, the guy at the ATM might go for your gun if you OC, but the chances are he'll take one look at you and move on to the next target.

:dunno:

revance

Expert
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Zionsville
    I don't really see what this has to do about OC/CC... sounds like someone doesn't have an understanding of basic interpersonal relations. I would not turn my back to someone that does not give me plenty of room around an ATM. Politely ask them to back up or leave.

IMHO, urinals and ATMs warrant the same amount of personal space.

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    I saw a guy with a Marine Corp Scout Sniper shirt on the other day.
    I would consider this very similar to OCing. It might place you first on the list to get shot, but it also says very loudly BTFU.

Interesting take, I guess I OC more then I thought. Does this include other t-shirts, tatoos, bumper stickers, and purple heart license plates? When I do wear my USMC Scout Sniper shirt it usually around like minded people but now I may wear it just to intimidate people and leave the Glock home in the safe. What if I OC and wore my t shirt, rolled the sleaves up to see the tats and lets not forget the INGO Tactical hat (a big bullseye).
    Should I leave the Marine leather jacket when I am riding my bike? or get rid of "Have you showered with a Marine today?" bumper sticker. :dunno:

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    <---*has now been associated with urinals*

I would like to ammend my previous suggestion to emphasize at least 4 seconds of staring with furrowed brow before statement of personal space rules. This would add to the overall effect, I think.:cool:

Top Bottom