• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I stopped by the indoor range earlier with my sister because she'd never shot a gun before and wanted to try. As we were shooting, a younger guy came in and set up. A few minutes later he opens up with an AR-15 just as quickly as he can pull the trigger. As soon as he started shooting, everyone on the line and inside the store stopped what they were doing and were staring in disbelief. As the range officer was coming in I heard one last shot and saw that my target had a big hole in it. He shot my target, which was 2-3 stalls down from him! :xmad: Range management quickly came in and put a stop to the shenanigans, and the unauthorized caliber. He was not an issue after that, but I wasn't too happy that he shot my target. What's wrong with people?

Horse

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 27, 2011
    Bloomington
    I assume that this was a pistol only range?

Other wise what is the big deal with shooting an AR as fast as you want?

(though it should have been on his own target)

canav844

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    I've come to the general conclusion that paid or free anytime I go to a range, if there are other people there, I will in all likelihood have a loaded gun fired in my general direction, I'd be fine with my target getting chewed up, my last three experiences I was just plain happy not to be picking birdshot out of myself.

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    I was out at an unmanned public range a few weeks ago and got talking with a fellow shooter. Seems he was shooting once and a van pulls up and out came the driver with an AK or an AR (I do not remember which). The driver puts up no target and just unloads his entire clip downrange, turns around, gets in the van and leaves. :dunno:

If the guy was shooting armor piercing, I think there is someone else on this forum who would like to "talk" with him. Heck, most of us would like to "explain" gunrange ettiquette to him and others like him.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I never been to a public range, only to private ranges where you have to be a member.
    That way everybody knows the rules, including the safety rules and you dont find idiots like that.
    Public range are scary since anybody who just got his first gun and no training (usually no common sense either) can just come and shoot whatever gun he wants the way he wants.

I say it sucks for your target but be happy that you or your sister didn't get hit by a round.
    I thinking aboout getting a bulletproof vest just to go to a public range, just in case.For real.I read too many accidents happening in public ranges.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I was out at an unmanned public range a few weeks ago and got talking with a fellow shooter. Seems he was shooting once and a van pulls up and out came the driver with an AK or an AR (I do not remember which). The driver puts up no target and just unloads his entire clip downrange, turns around, gets in the van and leaves. :dunno:

The way I've heard people talk about guns and the way I've seen some people handle them, I would be entirely unsurprised if he did that because he didn't know how to remove the rounds from the magazine and thought shooting them out was the only way.

ryang

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 27, 2011
    The way I've heard people talk about guns and the way I've seen some people handle them, I would be entirely unsurprised if he did that because he didn't know how to remove the rounds from the magazine and thought shooting them out was the only way.
    There's another way?!

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere

:ugh: responsible gun owner FAIL.......I'm not sure of the range or its specific rules at this point, but I sure hope SOMEONE did the responsible thing and educated him rather than just give him the boot

bobbittle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 19, 2011
    West side
    While not dangerous in any way, I was shooting at ProTeq in Brazil last week, had 2 kids next to me shooting an AR @ 200 yards (I was plinking away with my .22 @ 50 yards) and EVERY 3 shots they wanted to go down range to check their target. Annoying as ****.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    While not dangerous in any way, I was shooting at ProTeq in Brazil last week, had 2 kids next to me shooting an AR @ 200 yards (I was plinking away with my .22 @ 50 yards) and EVERY 3 shots they wanted to go down range to check their target. Annoying as ****.
    spotting scopes are worth the investment if using public ranges

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Did you make him pay for your target?

No, it was a free one they give you and I was about done with it anyway. I just wondered what would go through somebody's head to incline them to shoot at other people's targets from several stalls away. Not sure if he shot the target of the group next to me or not.

I assume that this was a pistol only range?

Other wise what is the big deal with shooting an AR as fast as you want?

(though it should have been on his own target)

Yes, it was an indoor range which only allowed pistol calibers. I don't know what the backstops are made of, but I assume there is a reason for the caliber limitation. He just reminded me of a bull in a china shop though coming in blazing away at other people's targets with an AR.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    No, it was a free one they give you and I was about done with it anyway. I just wondered what would go through somebody's head to incline them to shoot at other people's targets from several stalls away. Not sure if he shot the target of the group next to me or not.

Yes, it was an indoor range which only allowed pistol calibers. I don't know what the backstops are made of, but I assume there is a reason for the caliber limitation. He just reminded me of a bull in a china shop though coming in blazing away at other people's targets with an AR.

Pistol only and nobody saw him coming in and signing up for a lane with a big rifle case? :n00b:

Top Bottom