• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    [video=youtube;Uxa3bIpmRFU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uxa3bIpmRFU[/video]

How+About+No.jpg

[video=youtube;nrIPxlFzDi0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrIPxlFzDi0[/video]

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    This is it in a nutshell. I think a lot of these people were "just fine" with Romney, and his positions, and although they claimed to "hold their nose" when voting for him, in truth, he was pretty much exactly what they were looking for on the issues, and just won't admit it. That's why they grouse about "the base" not voting for Romney. Even though that's just false (and in fact, anybody still repeating that almost has to be knowingly spreading a lie). The base voted for Romney pretty much the same as they've voted for any Republican, because they hated Obama. Romney simply couldn't get enough Independents, because he was too rich, and lottery-playing average people can't relate to that. To this day, these people still can't admit that Independents were where Romney failed. They have to keep up the ruse that it was "the base" that wouldn't vote for him, because it reinforces their world view.

Trump's immigration position angers some people, but they will not come on a right-wing forum and admit it, because that's basically advocating against the rule of law. So we get this constant grousing. Enough. It's time for these people to buck up, and do exactly what they advocated everybody else do for Romney four years ago. The fact it's their ox getting gored this time around doesn't change the principle. The people who are "anti-immigration" finally have a "nose-holding candidate" who is acceptable to _them_ for a change...and the moderates who are soft on immigration are simply driven insane by this and can't stand it, and harp on him every chance they get.

The truth is that this nation, and its Presidential elections, have been fubar'ed since at least the year 2000, when Al "internet inventor" Gore won the popular vote. Some people just didn't seem to fully realize that until we had a bombastic, unqualified real estate speculator on the GOP side, running to replace the Community Organizer.

No matter what your "pet" issue is, sooner or later, it's your turn to hold your nose and eat the crap sandwich. The immigration softies are simply getting their turn this time, and now suddenly the shoe is on the other foot.
    You think that Trump's stance on immigration is the root of why people do not like him?

If that was it, I would have no qualms about voting for him. Sadly there are a number of things that bother me about him.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    You think that Trump's stance on immigration is the root of why people do not like him?

If that was it, I would have no qualms about voting for him. Sadly there are a number of things that bother me about him.

No. There's a passel of reasons not to like him. Just like Romney. But the unproductive bedwetting is lasting an especially long time, this time, from a minority at least. It's long past the time where it can have any benefit. And this guy wasn't even the architect of Obamacare, who handed The Indonesian Candidate the blueprints for his Signature Legislative Achievement. So I figure there has to be something special crawling up their knickers this time, beyond mere style.

Top Bottom