• ...and so much more!
  • Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    Just saw on channel 13 out of Indy. They ran a story on some location/group in Indy making "peace art" out of surrendered guns. They cut them up and weld them into some form of what they call "peace art".They claim it is thier effort to reduce the rising "gun violence" and bring peace? I guess I just don't see how destryoing firearms is considered art? To me it is ill placed effort. If they want to reduce crime how about convict and punish those who commit the crimes. Makes no sense. :dunno:

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Because they are psychopaths who would murder every person they come across with a gun, and project their own psychopathy onto everyone else.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Just saw on channel 13 out of Indy. They ran a story on some location/group in Indy making "peace art" out of surrendered guns. They cut them up and weld them into some form of what they call "peace art".They claim it is thier effort to reduce the rising "gun violence" and bring peace? I guess I just don't see how destryoing firearms is considered art? To me it is ill placed effort. If they want to reduce crime how about convict and punish those who commit the crimes. Makes no sense. :dunno:
    Slacktivism. A way to 'feel' like you're doing something about a problem without having to actually do anything. Guns probably donated from some public funds buyback effort as well as public grant $$$ funding the group(s) doing this

[Insert Leadeye's signature catch phrase here]

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Slacktivism. A way to 'feel' like you're doing something about a problem without having to actually do anything. Guns probably donated from some public funds buyback effort as well as public grant $$$ funding the group(s) doing this

[Insert Leadeye's signature catch phrase here]
    Also, it was only 32 "surrendered" guns. That's not even a good portion of the collection of even one average INGO member. :):

Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    Typical Liberals. One lady just now on the 13 news started quoting the bible about pounding your swards into plow shares. Thats what she says they are doing with this program. They have some "artist" making it.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Typical Liberals. One lady just now on the 13 news started quoting the bible about pounding your swards into plow shares. Thats what she says they are doing with this program. They have some "artist" making it.
    Yep, from the article:

"The idea of art made from gun parts is patterned after a program in the Presbyterian church.
    "They have a 'guns to gardens' program across the country. It's based on that verse in the Bible about turning swords into plowshares," McCracken said. "They bring in firearms, and they turn them into garden tools.""

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Funny how they would bring up the church. That's usually like holy water on a vampire to liberals. "The devil will quote scripture to ... something, something.

Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    Funny how they would bring up the church. That's usually like holy water on a vampire to liberals. "The devil will quote scripture to ... something, something.

Liberals will quote the bible when they believe it will suite thier needs or agenda.

Top Bottom