PART 2: I'm new an your 50-post rule sucks! Please change it for my convenience.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    This one was fun :)

"Kevin -
    I'm an IT manager, get rid of the 50 post rule, it will not keep spammers away. What you're using is a technique that's old and runs off those that are intentional of using your site for what it's meant to be used for. I supposed I could "upgrade" and purchase that service, but that's really what you are trying to push people to do (politics).
    I would like to use your service to purchase, but you put this in place then you block those for trying to get to 50 posts. Would you like me to write 50 different non-essential posts, it fills up the space and puts all at the top for no reason. I'm here to purchase and by the time I get to 50, the item(s) will be gone and it keeps those from a potential sale. My posts/replays are not rude in any way, just trying to get to an end result..

Thanks!"
    :rolleyes:

Well I bet that went over like a lead balloon, is there a paragraph missing where he asked for his binky and blankey?:ugh:

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville

"Kevin -
    I'm an IT manager, get rid of the 50 post rule, it will not keep spammers away. What you're using is a technique that's old and runs off those that are intentional of using your site for what it's meant to be used for. I supposed I could "upgrade" and purchase that service, but that's really what you are trying to push people to do (politics).
    I would like to use your service to purchase, but you put this in place then you block those for trying to get to 50 posts. Would you like me to write 50 different non-essential posts, it fills up the space and puts all at the top for no reason. I'm here to purchase and by the time I get to 50, the item(s) will be gone and it keeps those from a potential sale. My posts/replays are not rude in any way, just trying to get to an end result..

Thanks!"
    So wait...

“I’m here to purchase and by the time I get to 50, the item(s) will be gone and it keeps those from a potential sale”

What? If it’s gone it doesn’t sound like it kept those from a potential sale. It sounds like someone who followed the rules bought it because they A) had 50 quality posts or B) paid $20 and shopped til their hearts content.

I love when people contradict themselves in the same sentence.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus

"Kevin -

Thanks!"
    Wow. Some people I tell ya.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009

"Kevin -

Thanks!"
    That was pretty long winded for basically saying. "I'm new and your 50 post rule sucks. Could you please change if for my convenience?"

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

"Kevin -

Thanks!"
    So the items will be gone and sold so how is that even an argument.

WTAF people.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Shiny in the classifieds. There will always be a shiny.
    If it goes away, another will replace it later on.
    It ain't like a couple hundred years ago. We have a surplus of stuff. Geez.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    Did we at least find out what was so SHINY? ...before that's gone too. :dunno:
    I think we need to find out what the bright SHINY is, buy it, and mark it up 100% just for him. :lmfao:
    SHINY in the classifieds. There will always be a shiny.
    If it goes away, another will replace it later on.
    It ain't like a couple hundred years ago. We have a surplus of stuff. Geez.

Beetlejuice, beetlejuice, beetlejuice. You asked for it...

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    Dear Kevin,

I am not an IT manager nor did I sleep at a Holiday Inn last night but am a self professed internet genius.

That is all. I just wanted to get that off my chest.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom