• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    It's legal to carry at the zoo, in fact if they see you carrying they ask you to put it in your car, so I guess they have no problem with it in the parking lot

JRPLANE

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Hagerstown, Indiana
    Guys I need advice on parking. I am not from Indy. I have been to the Zoo and know where its at. I have driven past the convention center. My question, is the ZOO ok with us parking there? I don't want to get towed. How far of a walk is it? What does the ZOO charge to park?

Lucas oil looks close too, what about parking there?

Thanks, Jeff

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Zoo charges $5. I assume since parking fee is separate from admission, they cant exaclty have a problem with parking and not entering the zoo. After all, you paid, therefore you are squared up with them.

I have a membership so I'll be using that lot myself. (free parking)

RMG

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    West Side
    This sounds like a good option for parking. I went to their website, here is what I noted about parking fees:

"Non-Zoo special events parking is $6 for members and $9 for non-members."

Hope that helps. See ya Saturday!

Indianapolis Zoo Parking

RMG

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    West Side
    Zoo charges $5. I assume since parking fee is separate from admission, they cant exaclty have a problem with parking and not entering the zoo. After all, you paid, therefore you are squared up with them.

I have a membership so I'll be using that lot myself. (free parking)

Heads Up... might be $6 for members if they invoke the "Non-Zoo special events" clause.

Also, the clause validates your point, "After all, you paid, therefore you are squared up with them."

Last edited:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Heads Up... might be $6 for members if they invoke the "Non-Zoo special events" clause.

Also, the clause validates your point, "After all, you paid, therefore you are squared up with them."

It DOES help... I'll use my fallback free parking which is only a tenth of a mile farther away to the north. Thanks!

cagilber

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2009
    I'm was going to try my luck in the garage to the west of Union Station, but the Zoo sounds like it might be the place to go. I don't expect many out of town/state people to think of that.

Tripp11

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    So the garage next to the convo center will be how much, $20-30?

I park in the garage just south of the Catholic Church at the southeast corner of Georgia and Capitol Street, and I was told today they would have Special Event Parking of $20 in effect for Friday, Saturday and Sunday. It is an entirely underground garage, and a complete PITA to get out of if you park in the lowest level (3) and are trying to get out with hundreds of others.

cagilber

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2009
    Has anyone considered that the zoo doesn't open until 9AM and the show starts at 8AM?

IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers
    Well, looks like I'm going to have to get up real early just to get good parking!
    I was planning to park a Circle Center Mall. It's usually $2. Not going there if it's $150.

dangar

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 14, 2012
    New Castle, IN
    Has anyone considered that the zoo doesn't open until 9AM and the show starts at 8AM?
    I parked at the zoo once for a 5K race once, arriving around 8am. The lot was open, but no attendants were there yet since the zoo didn't open for another hour. So I was able to get in and park for free. I don't know if it's always like this though.

Raskolnikov

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Has anyone, especially locals, considered taking Uber (www.uber.com)? Uber is a "ride sharing service." It operates much like a cab, but their drivers (who have undergone background checks) operate their own vehicles, and you summon them using a smartphone app. After your ride, your credit card will be charged. It usually costs less than a cab. If you log in, create a new account, and enter the promo code "zlo3hx," you will receive a $20 credit.

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    I walked by a few lots when I was downtown today, nobody had any event pricing signs out yet, according to the mall website the event price to park in their garages is $20 but I'm sure there is some small print allowing them to change that!

My wife is going to drop me off about 10:30 and pick me up when I call her later! Parking problem solved!

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Camhickey
    Top Bottom