• ...and so much more!
  • Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    There is no national database for stolen guns.
    You can call the local PD or Sheriff and have them run the S/N against the local list of stolen weapons.

Just ask for ID and a Bill of sale, like you would do when buying a used car.
    Basically CYA to the extent you need to feel comfortable with the transaction.
    a

Karl;

I tried asking for a receipt on one gun I traded off a member (pre FFL) and it was a trade of a trade of a trade issue. From what I read going on with some members on InGun people keep a gun a few weeks and trade it off for something different.

I ask for a drivers license which I copy and file on EVERYONE I deal with, no exceptions. Due to liability issues I will not sell or do a transfer to/for anyone I am not 100% comfortable with. If they don't want to show me their ID they can go to Gander Mountain or some other large company who have deeper pockets than me. This goes for all purchases; they have to do it at WalMart if they pay with a check so why not for the private gun dealer.

IUGradStudent

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 1, 2008
    Bloomington, IN
    I wouldn't call it a waste of his time, if it's the only way he's going to sell the gun for the price he wants. If he's not willing to go along with what the buyer wants, and the buyer feels strongly enough about it, then the buyer doesn't have to make the purchase. Ah, the joys of a free market economy.

What little of it is left! Enjoy it while it lasts!

LOL

BIG misunderstanding buddy!:n00b:

Yep--that was pretty awesome.

What about an invasion from outer space?

What about an invasion from underground-dwellers who live under the US? Eh? Eh?!?!???

ar15junkie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    Behind enemy lines
    (C7) What records am I required to forward to ATF upon discontinuance of my business?[Back]
    The records consist of the licensee's bound acquisition/disposition (A/D) records, ATF Forms 4473, ATF Forms 3310.4 (Report of Multiple Sale or Other Disposition of Pistols and Revolvers), ATF Forms 3310.11 (Federal Firearms Licensee Theft/Loss Report), records of transactions in semiautomatic assault weapons, records of importation (ATF Forms 6 and 6A), and law enforcement certification letters. .....snip

Why the special mention of semiautomatic assault weapons? Aren't they transferred on standard 4473 forms? Seems redundant to me, or am I missing something?

karlsgunbunker

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2008
    (C7) What records am I required to forward to ATF upon discontinuance of my business?[Back]
    The records consist of the licensee's bound acquisition/disposition (A/D) records, ATF Forms 4473, ATF Forms 3310.4 (Report of Multiple Sale or Other Disposition of Pistols and Revolvers), ATF Forms 3310.11 (Federal Firearms Licensee Theft/Loss Report), records of transactions in semiautomatic assault weapons, records of importation (ATF Forms 6 and 6A), and law enforcement certification letters. .....snip

Why the special mention of semiautomatic assault weapons? Aren't they transferred on standard 4473 forms? Seems redundant to me, or am I missing something?

Hold over from the 94 AWB?

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    1776Defend2ndAmend
    Top Bottom