• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Iyyobr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2012
    I was very curious about there quality when I saw them @ those low prices... Good to know. I just ordered a bunch of ammo from them took about 1.5 weeks to bet but heck for the price and free shipping it's hard to pass up. Thx for the review

MJ06IU

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Dec 11, 2010
    Indy
    For what it worth I visited my local gun shop last week and he had a customer with issues with theirs, he then said that it was the third one that he had come back with issues. On the other hand I have a buddy that bought one without an issue.....personally, I'm going to pass on one for myself.

mvician

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    NW Indiana
    For what it worth I visited my local gun shop last week and he had a customer with issues with theirs, he then said that it was the third one that he had come back with issues. On the other hand I have a buddy that bought one without an issue.....personally, I'm going to pass on one for myself.

What type of issues? What were they experiencing? Was it assembly related or operator induced?

I've watched Palmetto for the past year wondering about their quality. Then they put these uppers on sale. I debated for a month. I decided to go for it and am happy I did.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I'm curious about details on this as well since I have'nt read or heard about an issue in any of the usual sources. Seems odd to have 3 of them come back with issues.

Even though I did'nt go with an M-4 madness upper I just recently received another model complete upper that I ordered from PSA and it looks like a quality build but I have'nt had a chance to take it out for a spin yet.

mvician

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    NW Indiana
    I went with the new Trijicon SRS02 for my optic. :rockwoot:

P1160826.jpg

P1160839.jpg

P1160838.jpg

and that completes this build

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    ohhh nice!!! How do you like the optic?? and what is the price point?

I got an email notification from PSA yesterday that they midlength uppers on sale for $309.

mvician

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    NW Indiana
    ohhh nice!!! How do you like the optic?? and what is the price point?

I got an email notification from PSA yesterday that they midlength uppers on sale for $309.

Loving it :D

Expensive, about 1 bill more than an AimPoint M4/M4s in a comparable mount. ;)

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    Are they any good? What is the quality of the barrel?

Well, this is just my opinion, and has no basis in fact....... but...... mvician is kind of an AR guru, and he is satisfied with the carbine upper in this thread. Im going to assume (you know what that means) that the mid-length upper is identical to the carbine upper, except it has a mid-length gas system.

but I dont really know for sure!

Palmettos

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    Columbia, SC

Our uppers have a lifetime warranty. Those customers need only contact us to get them fixed. Posting vague statements about people having "issues" doesn't help anyone. ;)

davedolli

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    106   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Clinton IN
    Here is my PSA middy build, along with some help from my INGO friends as for as parts go. Mega Arms billet lower with Daniel Defense LPK, Bravo Co BCG and charging handle, Midwest rail, CTR stock, ACOG TA31RCO-M4.

Last edited:

davedolli

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    106   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Clinton IN
    For what it worth I visited my local gun shop last week and he had a customer with issues with theirs, he then said that it was the third one that he had come back with issues. On the other hand I have a buddy that bought one without an issue.....personally, I'm going to pass on one for myself.[/QUOTE

What gun shop?

Dave

mvician

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    NW Indiana
    Trip today was to zero my new Trijicon SRS02 and to test out the MFS zinc coated .223 55gr. ammo.

Temp on my truck thermometer was 95 degrees, zero wind, 33 percent humidity (humidity in Knox according to the Weather Channel)

Set up on the 25 yard range using targets marked for 25, 50, and 100 yard zero's.

Gave the BCG another squirt of Frog Lube and went to work.

First shots were low and just a bit off center (bottom target)
    Next were good on elevation but off to the right, over corrected (middle target)
    got 'em centered and was happy (top target)

IMG_20120803_141155.jpg

these were not "slow fire" shots, I shot again after the dot settled (a second or so) and was just supported by my elbows on the table. Not solid by any means :lol:

After blasting away 20 rounds at a time on each target.......loaded 20, shot, loaded 20, shot........170 rounds of the MFS and then 30 rounds of lacquered Wolf to finish the day.

IMG_20120803_142250.jpg

Barrel was smoking......handguards were just about too hot to hold. Tried to get a shot of the smoke coming off of it.

IMG_20120803_142219.jpg

IMG_20120803_133234.jpg

IMG_20120803_134953.jpg

Thanks to the NWI INGO Group for the new target backers :ingo:

IMG_20120803_133239.jpg

Top Bottom