• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NSA 308

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Guess we'll have to agree to disagree on when life begins; my point was an FDA regulated DRUG is available to a 12 year old child without the need for an ID, much less a prescription or parent's involvement, but a can of Rustoleum required an ID.

Since I've seen others post that you can buy paint without an ID at stores other than Home Depot, I am lead to believe that it is a store policy. Thus, your comparison to the availability of Plan B due to federal policy is faulty and irrelevant. Apples and bananas.

Are you seriously implying that life begins before the sperm makes contact with the egg? Because if that is truly your position, you're probably gonna have to turn yourself in for mass murder. :):

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Guess we'll have to agree to disagree on when life begins

Hmm...Do you believe life begins in the scrotum? If not, your statement makes no sense, as this drug prevents pregnancy, not ends it.

...my point was an FDA regulated DRUG is available to a 12 year old child without the need for an ID, much less a prescription or parent's involvement, but a can of Rustoleum required an ID.

Some kids who get raped have bad parents. Some kids get raped by their parents. If a 12-year-old has the sense to seek emergency contraception in the most insecure of times I don't see why they shouldn't be able to get it. (Because their rapist won't give permission?)

She should also be able to buy paint without ID. And ammo.

-Paul

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Guess we'll have to agree to disagree on when life begins; my point was an FDA regulated DRUG is available to a 12 year old child without the need for an ID, much less a prescription or parent's involvement, but a can of Rustoleum required an ID.

If you are implying that "life begins" before the sperm reaches the egg, then you need to revisit biology class....

and I've committed some horrific atrocities against nature, including but not limit to: confinement, chemical euthanasia, abandonment, misdirection and encouraged filial cannibalism.

cardio1

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 5, 2012
    South of Paradise
    Since I've seen others post that you can buy paint without an ID at stores other than Home Depot, I am lead to believe that it is a store policy. Thus, your comparison to the availability of Plan B due to federal policy is faulty and irrelevant. Apples and bananas.

Are you seriously implying that life begins before the sperm makes contact with the egg? Because if that is truly your position, you're probably gonna have to turn yourself in for mass murder. :):

Again, not the point of the OP, but I will respond by pointing out Plan B may be taken up to 72 hours after the "event". Unless one has realllllly slow sperm, fertilization has occurred and the drug then works " by preventing attachment (implantation) to the uterus (womb)."
    (Plan B One-Step® (levonorgestrel): FAQs)

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Plan B is not an abortion, nor is it an invasive procedure. It delays ovulation and prevents the sperm from coming into contact with the egg for up to 72 hours. It does not work if the woman is already pregnant. It is emergency contraception.

It was store policy to ID you for the can of spray paint. Not all stores do this. It sure as hell isn't the FDA requiring Home Depot to ID for spray paint.

NSA 308

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Again, not the point of the OP, but I will respond by pointing out Plan B may be taken up to 72 hours after the "event". Unless one has realllllly slow sperm, fertilization has occurred and the drug then works " by preventing attachment (implantation) to the uterus (womb)."
    (Plan B One-Step® (levonorgestrel): FAQs)

I've already pointed out that there is NO point to the op. Bad comparison.

Preventing attachment prevents pregnancy, no? Seems fine to me. Any objections are likely religious in nature, and thus, properly irrelevant in our civil system of laws.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    You got ID's for paint? Weird.
    I was carded for super glue. :n00b:

Plan B is not an abortion, nor is it an invasive procedure. It delays ovulation and prevents the sperm from coming into contact with the egg for up to 72 hours. It does not work if the woman is already pregnant. It is emergency contraception.

It is not intended to be an abortifacient by design, but it is disingenuous to say that it is not one in fact. The argument that it delays ovulation ignores the possibility that the woman has already ovulated within the 12-24 hours prior to having sex. How would you classify the prevention of implantation?

92ThoStro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    This thread is worse than putting the silver buying thread in the legislation of the 2nd Amendment forum.

Some people just can't figure out how to use the sub forums.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    The drug isn't the problem, people trying to control what people are doing with that drug is the problem.
    All of that control and yet our country still has a fairly substantial meth problem...

Wait... Substitute "meth" for just about any drug and the sentence is still valid... Scary? ... Sad...

kiddchaos

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 11, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Paint addicts.
    picture.php

I think we are all tired of getting ID'd on everything.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom