• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cardio1

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 5, 2012
    South of Paradise
    The dichotomy of Plan B availability to anyone of any age by Federal fiat without any ID contrasted today with my purchase of some spray paint at Home Depot requiring my driver's license prior to purchase.
    What are we coming to?

forgop

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Southeast Indy
    Because girls of non-consenting age have reproductive rights you know and to consent to an invasive procedure like an abortion, but must have parental consent to be seen by a doctor for a sore throat, ear infection, you name it.

Thank a progressive liberal today.

GregD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Oct 7, 2009
    Madison County
    I had the same problem at Home Depot. Told them no way I was showing ID. Went to Lowes, no problem.
    IDing someone over 60 is just dumb.

NSA 308

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    The dichotomy of Plan B availability to anyone of any age by Federal fiat without any ID contrasted today with my purchase of some spray paint at Home Depot requiring my driver's license prior to purchase.
    What are we coming to?

Because girls of non-consenting age have reproductive rights you know and to consent to an invasive procedure like an abortion, but must have parental consent to be seen by a doctor for a sore throat, ear infection, you name it.

Thank a progressive liberal today.

Plan B is not an abortion, nor is it an invasive procedure. It delays ovulation and prevents the sperm from coming into contact with the egg for up to 72 hours. It does not work if the woman is already pregnant. It is emergency contraception.

Campaigners celebrate as Plan B morning-after pill made available to all | World news | guardian.co.uk

I'm guessing that you are a conservative, given the snide comment about progressive liberals. You should be thanking them. This pill doesn't abort fetuses and prevents potential welfare babies from being born. You do know that a disproportionate number of teen pregnancies occur in the poor, don't you?

As long as this treatment is safe for women, I see no downside.

cardio1

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 5, 2012
    South of Paradise
    Plan B is not an abortion, nor is it an invasive procedure. It delays ovulation and prevents the sperm from coming into contact with the egg for up to 72 hours. It does not work if the woman is already pregnant. It is emergency contraception.

Guess we'll have to agree to disagree on when life begins; my point was an FDA regulated DRUG is available to a 12 year old child without the need for an ID, much less a prescription or parent's involvement, but a can of Rustoleum required an ID.

forgop

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Southeast Indy

Campaigners celebrate as Plan B morning-after pill made available to all | World news | guardian.co.uk

I'm guessing that you are a conservative, given the snide comment about progressive liberals. You should be thanking them. This pill doesn't abort fetuses and prevents potential welfare babies from being born. You do know that a disproportionate number of teen pregnancies occur in the poor, don't you?

Nowhere did I say it was an abortion/invasive procedure. In both cases, underage girls are allowed to obtain all sorts of services, some of them invasive, all in the name of reproductive rights without parental knowledge/consent. Yet one of my daughters could fall off playground equipment and break her arm and she isn't allowed to be treated until after parental consent is received.

My jab is at the liberal/progressive movement is advocating for children being legally able to make adult decisions.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus

Guess we'll have to agree to disagree on when life begins; my point was an FDA regulated DRUG is available to a 12 year old child without the need for an ID, much less a prescription or parent's involvement, but a can of Rustoleum required an ID.
    :+1:
    Nowhere did I say it was an abortion/invasive procedure. In both cases, underage girls are allowed to obtain all sorts of services, some of them invasive, all in the name of reproductive rights without parental knowledge/consent. Yet one of my daughters could fall off playground equipment and break her arm and she isn't allowed to be treated until after parental consent is received.

My jab is at the liberal/progressive movement is advocating for children being legally able to make adult decisions.
    :+1:

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog

All of that is not the problem. My kids can get kicked out of school for having an Advil, cannot see a dentist, doctor without my approval and I have to give up my first born just to be able to purchase pseudoephedrine over the counter, but a minor teenage girl can get this pill without their parents knowledge

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    All of that is not the problem. My kids can get kicked out of school for having an Advil, cannot see a dentist, doctor without my approval and I have to give up my first born just to be able to purchase pseudoephedrine over the counter, but a minor teenage girl can get this pill without their parents knowledge

I hate having to hassle with ID and going to the pharmacy to get Claritin-D. It's allergy medicine for crying out loud. I know the pseudoephedrine is the "problem" but it's a pain none the less.

Top Bottom