• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wstar425

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2018
    Sandia Park, New Mexico
    The two states I’m most recently familiar with handle this in different ways, that seem contrary to me. Neither have Constitutional Carry.

Wisconsin considers a weapon in the car to be concealed unless it is above the sight line from outside, basically on the dash or hanging from the rear view mirror. A black firearm laying on a red seat is considered to be concealed. Ironically, illegal drugs, and anything besides a firearm, laying in the exact same spot are considered to be in open view.

New Mexico considers your car, truck, motorcycle, horse, bike to be part of your home and you can actually conceal without a license in or on those objects. Unstated that I can find is when you are no longer considered to be in or on said object. Outside the car? Still touching it, pumping gas? Off the horse? Holding the reins?

Open carry generally legal in both states altho NM has a lot more restriction on it other than car carry, such as bars, reservations, places that sale alcohol, etc.

Too confusing.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    The two states I’m most recently familiar with handle this in different ways, that seem contrary to me. Neither have Constitutional Carry.

Wisconsin considers a weapon in the car to be concealed unless it is above the sight line from outside, basically on the dash or hanging from the rear view mirror. A black firearm laying on a red seat is considered to be concealed. Ironically, illegal drugs, and anything besides a firearm, laying in the exact same spot are considered to be in open view.

New Mexico considers your car, truck, motorcycle, horse, bike to be part of your home and you can actually conceal without a license in or on those objects. Unstated that I can find is when you are no longer considered to be in or on said object. Outside the car? Still touching it, pumping gas? Off the horse? Holding the reins?

Open carry generally legal in both states altho NM has a lot more restriction on it other than car carry, such as bars, reservations, places that sale alcohol, etc.

Too confusing.
    Shall not be infringed solves most of the confusion if gubmint would just act in a constitutional manner.

Top Bottom