OSUT 263: Vote Early and Vote Often...Just Make Sure You Vote!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BeDome

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    Be back later.
    Short trip, I presume, but I'm hauling quite a few rounds with me, just in case play time is extended.

I want to try several loads, anyway.
    Haven't read the entire manual yet to find the twist spec, so we'll see in hand how she handles the heavier hunting loads.

I'll miss most of the early college ball, today. Worth it!

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Got the petunias pulled from the hanging baskets, and the dead cosmos from the two planter pots on the patio. Need to haul the baskets around front to dump on some low spots where they took out the septic tank. Still need to pull the petunias from the big planter out front.

BeDome

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    Came back a little earlier than expected. Place was super packed!
    I was in line to find a parking spot. Ended up in the grass.
    Instead of waiting for a longer range, I claimed at a 25yd area, so no sighting in just yet. But it shoots great.

I did shoot a bunch of rounds on several home printed targets, though.
    Barrel twist is 1/9 (dug out the manual) and handles my 77gr Hornady .223 hot loads just fine. Cover everything with a quarter that close, including a flier.

This bargain basement weapon shoots like a dream!!

No sweat! Gobbled every different load I handed her, even all the stale .223 handloads I had had for thirty years.
    Not even one hiccup. Some 5yr old Winchester 5.56 no difference, just different point of impact for each variation of ammo.

After I took it apart yesterday, I could only find one tiny shiny spot on the hammer to show she had even been used at all.

I am very pleased.
    I did not bother to swap the rear sight in to replace the cr*ppy optic, but it runs great!

Found the website and they come pretty raw. Someone bought a rear sight, sling, laser optic, extra magazine and carry case. I basically got a brand new starter AR for $80 bucks off with some useful accessories.

And to think, if my son hadn't wanted Subway yesterday, I might never have seen this bargain. Wow!

So many people there. Crazy!

I did run quite a few different loads through her in a short time. Did not seem to care.

After a better optic, the only thing I might change is the trigger.
    Knew that after a quick Snapcap session, but it is consistent "Mil Spec."
    Just not what I am used to.

So far, I love it!

Last edited:
    Top Bottom