OSUT 262: The King has Been Neutered....and Waylon too...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BeDome

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    While we were at the Mexicana mart yesterday, I also bought some thin sliced fajitas. Before I began to fade last night, I got the meat into a bag to marinate with some garlic and lime.

When I finish my quesadillas, I'll heat my largest iron skillet really hot and scald everything in "layers" to get those caramelized edges everywhere.
    Meat first, then peppers, onions, cherry tomatoes, ear of corn cut off the cob, garlic slices from the marinade, all in one at a time (layers). Then, holding a bit of each out for the Spanish rice to come later, it all goes back in the skillet to slow simmer for about 3hrs with some canned beef broth and lime for liquid.

So, lunch will be a "close to authentic" caldo de res, con arroz Espanola. Beef stew with rice.
    Some thick, fresh corn tortillas to go with.

Last edited:

ancjr

1 Kings 18:17-18 KJV
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2021
    Washington County
    While we were at the Mexicana mart yesterday, I also bought some thin sliced fajitas. Before I began to fade last night, I got the meat into a bag to marinate with some garlic and lime.

When I finish my quesadillas, I'll heat my largest iron skillet really hot and scald everything in "layers" to get those caramelized edges everywhere.
    Meat first, then peppers, onions, cherry tomatoes, ear of corn cut off the cob, garlic slices from the marinade, all in one at a time (layers). Then, holding a bit of each out for the Spanish rice to come later, it all goes back in the skillet to slow simmer for about 3hrs with some canned beef broth and lime for liquid.

So lunch will be a close to authentic caldo de res, con arroz Espanola. Beef stew with rice.
    Some thick, fresh corn tortillas to go with.

That sure sounds fancy

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I haven't made fajitas in a long time. I use a marinade that I learned from when I worked at Fridays. 1/2 cup water, 1/4 cup soy sauce, 1/8 cup liquid smoke, 2 tbsp A1, about 1/4 cup sugar, 1 tbsp. black pepper and 1 tsp salt. I use some to marinade the beef and the rest to cook the peppers and onions in. The sugar really helps with the caramelization, both of the meat and the veggies and it's got a nice sweet/smoky/peppery flavor.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    One thing I really miss from Fridays was their fried broccoli. I don't have a deep fryer though. They used broccoli florets, dipped in melted Velveeta, then allowed to cool (refrigerated) in egg flats lined with plastic wrap. Then double breaded in egg wash and flower and deep fried until golden brown. Oh man, I could make a meal out of those. :drool:

ancjr

1 Kings 18:17-18 KJV
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2021
    Washington County
    I haven't made fajitas in a long time. I use a marinade that I learned from when I worked at Fridays. 1/2 cup water, 1/4 cup soy sauce, 1/8 cup liquid smoke, 2 tbsp A1, about 1/4 cup sugar, 1 tbsp. black pepper and 1 tsp salt. I use some to marinade the beef and the rest to cook the peppers and onions in. The sugar really helps with the caramelization, both of the meat and the veggies and it's got a nice sweet/smoky/peppery flavor.

We already knew you was fancy.

Top Bottom