Not open for further replies.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I took that for a number of years. Didn’t think it really helped my arthritic joints much. Pain management doc suggested turmeric. Couldn’t tell it helped either so stopped. Thinking about starting to take something again, any help at all is better than nothing.
    Rheumatologist used to prescribe Tramadol - up to 180/month although I averaged using 30-60/ month. They didn’t eliminate the pain but did take the edge off. As it is an opioid that prescription doesn’t happen anymore
    Mine aren't terribly bad. Just hurt when I walk very far mostly, so I'm hoping it will help with that. Probably due to the weight I've gained since working from home more than anything.

Lpherr

In a blue bubble
    Had to go to Kroger to get a few things that the other Kroger was out of yesterday and it was nuts. They only had 4 self-serve checkouts open, and they just did open one full serve. The old lady running the self-serves was bitching at the customers in line, telling them to get in a single file line (we really couldn't) and arguing with them if they said anything to her. A manager was on the phone at the stand by the checkouts trying to call people in and telling that lady to calm down. :n00b:
    I always thought Kroger was full of nuts. :scratch:

Hardscrable

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    S.E. of Southwest
    Mine aren't terribly bad. Just hurt when I walk very far mostly, so I'm hoping it will help with that. Probably due to the weight I've gained since working from home more than anything.
    I have severe osteoarthritis in hands, shoulders, spine - top to bottom, knees. Pretty much dictates what I can/cannot daily. Sort of rules my life. Any help is better than no help.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I have severe osteoarthritis in hands, shoulders, spine - top to bottom, knees. Pretty much dictates what I can/cannot daily. Sort of rules my life. Any help is better than no help.
    Oh yeah, I'm lucky that a couple occasional aches and pains are all I have. Susan has neuropathy and fibromyalgia and is in constant pain. Mornings are the worst for her.

Hardscrable

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    S.E. of Southwest
    Have you tried CBD? Some people claim it does wonders.
    I tried the oil (mint flavored) and didn't notice any improvement.
    Yes. I use a cream from CVS. A friend in Boston recommended it. They have legal medicinal & recreational marijuana. He has tried stuff from dispensary and says the CVS stuff works best for him and his wife. Sometimes it seems to help me, sometimes not. My wife swears it helps her.

IMG_6496.jpg

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Dang, that is a lot of pork for 1 guy to consume. So the whole hog is smoked ? How is it cut/ processed ?
    You can smoke what ever you want. I am getting the hocks smoked and the bacon. I decided not to get the hams this time as I wanted more sausage this time.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    One of my old APCs had gone bad and was always setting off the alarm. So I changed out both. The old ones last a long time. Hope the new ones do as well.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I saw your post on FB about the hogs and thought about it, but the hog we got last year was huge and I still have a ton of sausage and pork chops that they cut way too thin....arghhhh...different processer than we usually go to.

I have beef and chicken ordered and will get pork later in the year if there is room in the freezer and we have gone through more of what is in the freezers now.

Off to see the hubby...house is cleaned. Rugs are washed and in the dryer.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom