Orange Co. Choppers meets John and Kate +8 - WTF?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Uhh....what the fark?:dunno:

I came into the bedroom tonight to get ready to go to bed (I stayed up to type this post), and found my wife watching TLC's John and Kate plus 8. No surprise really, as my wife is a fan of the show.

Then, out of the corner of my eye, I see what I think is Mikey, from American Chopper (The OCC Tuttles). So I ask her, is that the guy from OCC, and she says "yeah, and Paul Sr. and Paul Jr. are going to build a bike with John."

I hear this as the frame is panning to a shot of Sr. and Jr. and John talking about bikes in front of the new mega mansion the Gosslans have built with the TLC money.

So, is this marketing genius on TLC's part - combining a popular "MAN" show with a popular "GIRLY" show?

Is this a new low for TLC, who have a history of giving normal folks insane money to be filmed 24 - 7?

Can we expect to see Kate as a guest host on TLC's "OVERHAULIN" in the near future???

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    So, is this marketing genius on TLC's part - combining a popular "MAN" show with a popular "GIRLY" show?

Is this a new low for TLC, who have a history of giving normal folks insane money to be filmed 24 - 7?

More like a desperate attempt to boost ratings for Jon & Kate; viewership has fallen off drastically since the tabloid brouhaha started. There was also a crossover episode with Food Network's Ace of Cakes not too long ago. Pretty much kills any remaining pretense that Jon & Kate are a normal family... now it's just another "celebreality" show. "Watch as we hang with our TV friends in our gigantic mansion and go on manufactured adventures with our spoiled kids" :rolleyes:

Chefcook

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City
    I lost interest years ago when Vinny was "Fired".

I am pretty sure Vinny quit but it did suck none the less. Now that Paul Jr. is no longer part of the show I am pretty much over it also. It was his ideals and creativity that gave the bikes pizazz, without him they are like cookie cutter customs...:xmad: :noway::noway::noway:

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    OCC was much better when it was a small custom shop. Now that it's a giant megacorp, the show has definitely suffered.

J&K? People famous for being famous? Can't stand even a minute of that show. It's like a video version of "Us Magazine". I feel like I lose IQ points every time it's on.

Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I don't watch a lot of TV, and NO pay tv (cable/dish). But I have heard the names John and Kate a lot on programs leading into news or such. I have no idea who these people are. They must be cable/dish channel (non-OTA) shows or people.

Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    I'm with Boilers, though I've investigated the premise to be informed enough to talk about the show. It sounds like, to me, the struggles of raising 8 kids was the idea at the beginning, but once you're famous, it kinda loses the appeal..

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I'm with Boilers, though I've investigated the premise to be informed enough to talk about the show. It sounds like, to me, the struggles of raising 8 kids was the idea at the beginning, but once you're famous, it kinda loses the appeal..

That's pretty much the Cliff Notes version. Add in that Kate is an obssessive, domineering, germophobic b*tch, and you've pretty much got the full picture.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Yeah, but is she hot?

Not really.

capt.ac8de22ac665f002b4276bdf3b2dd8ef.jpg

Feign

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Columbus-ish
    I'd hit it....WITH A 2X4!!!:xmad:

I hate her with a passion. I used to feel bad for Jon, but he's as big of an idiot as she. I'm anxious to see what happens when TLC drops the show and they stop getting paid.
    He'll continue to bag some butterface and that slore will have the grey-haired security guard crawl up her vajayay like a taun-taun.

And the kids (who all look like daddy and not mommy, sure she LOVES that) will be tossed somewhere in the middle. Maybe they'll be on Maury in 10 years.

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    My first exposure to this show was the episode where she was trying to hire a maid, and expecting all of the applicants to clean at a level that pleased her OCD. I decided instantly that I didn't like her. It's one thing to make your life fit your own hangups; it's quite another to try to force the world to do so.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bengineer
    Top Bottom