• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Greensburg
    What did you see? What did you kill? I'll start.
    I saw 2 does come in about 8:30, watched them just out of range for about an hour milling around, then here comes Mr. Coyote and that was the end of that. Didn't even get a shot off at the yote! Jumped up 2 more does on the way out. Oh well, plenty more season left!!

dave29

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jul 8, 2009
    Lawrenceburg
    I saw 4 does all in easy (bow) range, passed on them all. I did see a lot of new buck sign that wasn;t there last week when I was bow hunting. Hopefully tonight pans out for a decent buck.

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    saw 2 bucks and six does, plus a guy that was trespassing. didnt get an opportunity at the does the closest one was40 yds in brush then she took off because a buck was chasing her.

bullet293

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    OMOKOK
    great morning in the woods. all my son and i saw was squirrels, red tail hawk, and the next door property owners kids on their 4 wheeler in my woods. anyway after i called their dad from my stand my opening morning hunt was over but i dont think ill se them again during hunting season.

Mrmonte

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 1, 2009
    Indy South Side
    My brother put down a 7pt. about 8:05am. 40 yard shot, heart, ran about 15 yards. Its in the freezer now so heading back out real soon for an evening hunt.

sargknows

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2009
    laporte county
    I saw one buck running with his nose to the ground 100+ yards away through the riverbottom. My buddy shot a nice doe at 8:00 then a small racked buck 10 minutes later!

Bucky623

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    I saw a doe coming across the field with her tail tucked in close. An hour or so later 2 bucks and a doe came through the woods and headed down to a small creek. At 8:55am the smaller of the two (8 point) offered a shot quartering toward me so I took it. 127 yards using a Super Blackhawk with handloads. The 240gr. JHP entered the front of the ribcage and lodged just under the skin in the hindquarter on the opposite side. He dropped like a rock.

Today I encountered two groups of hunters. One group was three super nice guys and the other group was three jerks. Guess which group the trespassers were.

Bucky

joshuamckee

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Whiteland
    (((((((((((((WILD DOGS))))))))))))))

I was hunting from the ground this morning and i did not see one deer but i did see a tun of squirrel and chipmunks.At 9:05 a pack of wild dogs started barking and running all threw the woods chasing anything that would move.I just set there real quit hoping thay would pass threw but one of the dogs caught my sent and thay all started barking and growling at me i yield and threw stuff at them but thay started getting real aggressive and trying to bite me so three of the five meet a Remington buck hammer 20Ga slug none of the dogs where waring collars and thay where real mangy.That pretty much ruined my hunt for the day.:xmad:

Last edited:

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    I saw a doe coming across the field with her tail tucked in close. An hour or so later 2 bucks and a doe came through the woods and headed down to a small creek. At 8:55am the smaller of the two (8 point) offered a shot quartering toward me so I took it. 127 yards using a Super Blackhawk with handloads. The 240gr. JHP entered the front of the ribcage and lodged just under the skin in the hindquarter on the opposite side. He dropped like a rock.

Today I encountered two groups of hunters. One group was three super nice guys and the other group was three jerks. Guess which group the trespassers were.

Bucky

Which ones?:dunno:

:D Know how ya' feel!

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Didn't see a thing, did some scouting around 11, found a couple of scrapes, a rub a lots of fresh tracks.

On our way to grab some grub a noon, saw a doe sitting in the middle of a cornfield, as they were combining less than a hundred yards from her.

Little man looked at me and said "are you kidding me!?!"

koenig clone

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    fairmount
    got a 9 pointer that followed my scent trail right to me. wheeling him out and another decent buck was on the same scent trail headin to me again. decent day.

curraheeguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    Im so proud of my buddy Gene. Undeterred by the fact that he only has about 6 acres of woods to hunt, he made good preperations in building a nice elevated blind and used what he had to kill his first deer this am......a beautiful 12 pointer (2 tines were broken).

Good Job Gene!!!

geneodeer.jpg

Bucky623

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    .... thay all started barking and growling at me i yield and threw stuff at them but thay started getting real aggressive and trying to bite me ....

Feral dogs can be bad news. Like you didn’t already know that. I always pack at least a .38spl when I’m back in the woods for just that reason. Glad you’re ok and you had a chance to thin then out a bit.

Bucky

Bucky623

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Im so proud of my buddy Gene. Undeterred by the fact that he only has about 6 acres of woods to hunt, he made good preperations in building a nice elevated blind and used what he had to kill his first deer this am......a beautiful 12 pointer (2 tines were broken).

Good Job Gene!!!

geneodeer.jpg

Tell Gene I said "very nice" :rockwoot:

Bucky

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    Morning hunt my son(1st time) and I were on a double tree stand facing south west. Heard a deer snort in east end of woods. By the time I looked he was flagging us goodby. Heard a shot across the road 5 minutes later.

Evening hunt nothing but squirels. :xmad:

Tell "Gene" good job!

Field King

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2008
    I had a nice Buck making a beeline at my stand about 9:55 a.m, I do not want to talk about the rest of it, u can probably figure it out!:noway:

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    No luck this morning, didn't see anything but a couple squirrells and a mink.. But likely due to the fact there is still a corn field up on the south side of the woods. I'm pretty sure that's where they are all hiding. I really hope its harvested by next weekend.

Top Bottom