• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    Saw a customer at Midwest Gun Exchange carry two 1911 style pistols in reverse IWB holsters at the small of his back. He wasn't even wearing suspenders:eek:

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    Saw a customer at Midwest Gun Exchange carry two 1911 style pistols in reverse IWB holsters at the small of his back. He wasn't even wearing suspenders:eek:

IWB, not OWB like this?

600px-FO-Gold1911s-1.jpg

Yes, this movie sucked, and I'm not a fan of the gold plated 1911s, but I always thought this method of carry was pretty freakin' cool.

Impractical, potentially dangerous, but cool.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    IWB, not OWB like this?

600px-FO-Gold1911s-1.jpg

Yes, this movie sucked, and I'm not a fan of the gold plated 1911s, but I always thought this method of carry was pretty freakin' cool.

Impractical, potentially dangerous, but cool.

As long as you don't have to drive anywhere that takes longer than 5 minutes!!! That is making my back sore just thinking about driving an hour with that rig.

ISP, "Son..I noticed you were driving kind of erratically back there and fidgeting alot in your seat. Is everything okay??"

Me, "Yes sir...I once again forgot that things that look cool or work in a movie do not work in real life.......No Sir I am not a pimp or foreign assasin....Yes Sir they really make stuff like this...Here is my LTCH permit....Do you happen to have any Advil in your squad car sir...Maybe some Icy Hot ??? There really is no need to laugh sir....Why are you taking a picture....It looked really cool in the movie....Please sir...Have some decorum...I am a citizen excersising his right to carry..Are you rolling on the ground laughing???? No sir you can not post that pic on INGO"

Last edited:

Rocknhawk

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 22, 2011
    Indianapolis
    ISP, "Son..I noticed you were driving kind of erratically back there and fidgeting alot in your seat. Is everything okay??"

Me, "Yes sir...I once again forgot that things that look cool or work in a movie do not work in real life.......No Sir I am not a pimp or foreign assasin....Yes Sir they really make stuff like this...Here is my LTCH permit....Do you happen to have any Advil in your squad car sir...Maybe some Icy Hot ??? There really is no need to laugh sir....Why are you taking a picture....It looked really cool in the movie....Please sir...Have some decorum...I am a citizen excersising his right to carry..Are you rolling on the ground laughing???? No sir you can not post that pic on INGO"[/QUOTE]

Ha ha! I was thinking the same dialog in my head! Hilarious!

Rocknhawk

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 22, 2011
    Indianapolis
    On a more serious note, I've always thought that cross-draw looked more comfortable than strong side. I don't carry cross draw currently, but would love to find a holster for my Beretta 92 that I could still conceal fairly comfortably.

hacksawfg

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    Hopefully not Genera
    One thing I saw that really made me think about crossdraw (and when I get the cash and finish losing the gut I'm going to do it), is that if someone makes a grab for your gun, you can cover the holster with your weak arm while still being able to use your strong arm for punching, drawing a knife, establishing space, etc.

JimmyR

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Clark County
    I don't carry that often, since where I work is a hospital setting, and I really don't have a gun that I want to attempt to CC- my two smaller guns are ones I inherited from my father after he passed, and my other is a 6" Ruger Security Six- still looking for a holster for that behemoth. Trying to figure out the best option for a holster, and for now looking at either a shoulder holster or a bandolier. I have experimented with carry options, and prob my favorite for carrying multiple guns would be to have my S&W Regulation Police revolver on my hip in an OWB holster, and my Beretta Minx in an IWB at 6 o'clock or OWB at about 11 o'clock for cross-draw.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    I was at Meijer this evening and saw an old man open carrying. He had a firearm on his left and right hip, but...they were both cross draw.

Anybody ever carry like that? It seems impractical to me. Just wondering if anybody else carries cross draw on their belt/hip. I can more easily understand holstering opposite hand, if carrying in the small of your back, but not the side. Just wondering what others think.
    Define "old", Pablum breath!:oldwise:

snowman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    Bremen, IN
    There's a reason not a lot of people carry cross draw, statistics show that in the stress of a true SHTF moment, they tend to shoot themselves in the belly when they draw.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Single cross draw suggest somebody that hunts a lot and also carries a rifle ;)

As for the position making for self inflicted wounds during high stress..........I bet such tards would blast themselves from other carry positions.

Dual crossdraw IMHO suggests a cheap old bastid carrying two of something Taurus LMAO

GlockZ

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    I have a friend of mine who uses a left handed holster on his right hip to cross draw his xd40. I believe it's a horrible way to draw in a defensive situation! It takes too much time and it would be hard to draw with your right hand if your left arm was tied up in the fight. I wear my G26 at 4:30 so I can draw with either hand. Just my 2 cents.

Last edited:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bengineer
    Top Bottom