Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Ruger:

RGR1dl1347.png

Smith:
    chrtsrv.dll

Well I guess I'll have to eat crow on the what has bam done lately issue.
    He's been good for a segment of the economy! :):

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I would've loved to have been a fly on the wall on Air Force One when the chosen one heard the news.

CLEARLY THE SPIN MACHINE IS ROLLING ALONG AT FULL STEAM AHEAD :D

Posted Friday, October 02, 2009 12:02 PM
    Losing the Olympics Bid Is Good for Obama
    Katie Connolly of NEWSWEEK

The Gaggle : Losing the Olympics Bid Is Good for Obama

Chicago has been eliminated in the first round of IOC voting. Wow—I did not see that coming. The way I figured it, this White House is far too protective of the president’s strategically crafted image to allow him to travel thousands of miles only to fail on the world stage. I thought it was a done deal—who's better at vote-counting than the Obama people? I would have bet money that Rahm and Axelrod knew they had the numbers in the bag before they let him step on Air Force One. I was so very wrong. Not only did they fail, they failed in the first round! It's a bad look for the president, especially coming on the heels of this morning’s depressing unemployment figures.
    . . .
    This is pretty embarrassing for the White House. (Especially letting Obama having to fail in front of his wife—ouch!) But ultimately, it’s a good thing for him.
    . . .
    Already, some of his closest supporters and friends were on the bid committee: his campaign’s national finance chair Penny Pritzker and a co-chair of his inaugural committee, Patrick Ryan, both had key roles. Senior adviser David Axelrod’s communications firm, AKPD Media, was one of the contractors for the committee, and Obama confidant Valerie Jarrett had been involved in supporting the bid. When problems would start to arise in the planning of this mammoth event—and they invariably would have—Obama would be implicated, regardless of his actual involvement.

Olympics-related screw-ups may have no concrete bearing on Obama’s capacity to govern, but they do make easy campaign ads. It’s not hard to imagine attack ads tying whatever planning ineptitude that was making news back to the White House.
    . . .

Now the article goes on. But as I read the article, basically the author seems to imply that Obama's people are interwoven into the corruption of the Chicago politics and by losing the Olympics they will not all be exposed. At least that is my take on it.

spartan933

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2008
    Porter County
    20/20 hindsight, they were always going to choose Brazil because of the "never in South America" thing. Okay, now they have it. Don't screw it up. 5000 murders in Rio last year. But, they did invent the Thong. And for that, I am grateful. Oh yeah, and thanks for Giselle Bundchen and Alessandra Ambrozio.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Maybe Bamo forgot to tell the rest of the world that they must love us now that he's in office. Afterall, he told us he fixed our image throughout the world. I think it is absolutely hilarious that bamo just got pimp slapped by the entire world and the icing on the cake is that Chicago got booted in the first round. Can you imagine what that's done to his ego?

WLS had some lady being interviewed and she was bawling. I think the olympics are neat and all but to the extent these people are wrapped up in it seems to NWO for me. You know the graft going on from each city vying for it and the olympic committees has to be outlandish. It looks to me as though the IOC has to be bought off to get the oppurtunity to host them.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Could you imagine what the media would be saying right now if Bush had flown over there and got booted in the first round? They would never shut up about how he lost it for us by destroying our image to the world by fighting illegal wars, etc.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Since both of the Chicago papers will not allow me to comment, here's what everyone is failing to grasp--this was an intentional act of sabotage by President Obama.

He took all this time, money and prestige all from all other efforst (Mideast, health care, immigration [the issue after health care], the economy, inter alia) in order to achieve a dead last result. This was an intentional gutterball to distance Obama from Daley, Rezko and the coming prosecutions of the City Hall Gang by the US Attorney.

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    By willing to make a fool of himself for Daley and Chicago, I think it connects him to the corruption there more firmly instead. (As it should)

His mistake was letting the rest of the world see it so clearly. (But, I'm not crying about it. :D)

Top Bottom