• AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    136   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    Even though I share pretty much everybodies sentiments for McCain/Palin

How many here think Obama will get elected?
    I read LA times and some liberal writings just to stay in tune. The media is obviously biased toward Obama.
    So I am just curious on your take. I don't think he will get elected but...you never know

haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    I figured Obama was a done deal a few weeks ago. Now I am not so sure. My daughter told me that two ladies in her office had jumped on the McCain train after the Palin speech. One had been leaning Obama the other hadn't planned on voting. If that is suggestive of what might be happening around the country it is a good sign. Of course have to keep in mind this is small town Indiana where we are bitter and cling to God and guns.

I think the polls are hard to trust any more. I have an Uncle in Knox that gets polled occasionally (possibly one of those tracking groups) that has been telling them he is for Obama. Rest assured he will not be voting for BHO. I think people goofing with them is getting more common. Plus it is documented previously that people will say they will vote for the black guy but when push comes to shove they don't do it in the voting booth (Bradley effect they call it).

Paul

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Brownsburg
    I will wait till the debates to decide who will win. I honestly think obama/biden will look stupid in the debates.

ericdean

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2008
    Can't bring myself to vote for Obama with a son in the military, but the blue collar in me isn't thrilled with McCain labor views.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    I think that it is a toss up as it now stands and will be decided by Electoral votes not the Popular vote and that would work in Obama's favor. This will probably be another cliff hanger with the large metro (LA, NYC, Detroit, DC, etc) liberal areas going overwhelmingly for Obama/Biden and the rural less populated areas going for McCain/Palin. We can only work for the candidate of our choice and hope and pray for the best.

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    I felt that Obama was in the driver's seat for awhile. But the Palin pick has seemed to get folks excited. I do think that the election is still Obama's to lose because of how tremendously unpopular President Bush is right now.

I believe that Palin may have given McCain a fighting chance now.

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    I've likely made up my mind and will vote against Obama even though it goes against everything I believe not to vote FOR a candidate.

Paul

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Brownsburg
    Can't bring myself to vote for Obama with a son in the military, but the blue collar in me isn't thrilled with McCain labor views.

I would think the blue collar in you wouldnt want to pay more in taxes, like the rest of this country.

Splagt

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 10, 2008
    Central Indiana
    Media influence

Remember the last election, when the media overwhelmingly supported Kerry? They seemed to be presenting poll results every week which clearly showed Kerry leading. Don't believe everything you read.

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    136   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    Personally I don't think Obama is electable but I wonder if I am not lulled into a false sense of security by being surrounded by the gun owners that wouldn't touch Obama with a 10 ft poll.

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    Even though I share pretty much everybodies sentiments for McCain/Palin

How many here think Obama will get elected?
    I read LA times and some liberal writings just to stay in tune. The media is obviously biased toward Obama.
    So I am just curious on your take. I don't think he will get elected but...you never know

Obama's people called me about a half an hour ago. My son answered, then brought the phone in to me. I just held the phone out a bit and said: "I will be voting for McCain/Palin, thank you" (I was VERY polite.) Then I pushed the "end" button. :D (I should have also told them that I wouldn't vote for ANY "Chicago Politician".)

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    One advantage the Obama has that doesn't show up in polls is the sheer number of new voters his supporters are registering. There could be millions of new voters casting their ballots for Obama in November.

I'm hoping that Palin's selection might galvanize the republicans to get out and vote.

Steelman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 21, 2008
    Danville, IN
    Obama's following seems to consist of the radicalized left and college students. Thankfully, the student voters seem to be absent on Election Day (think Kerry '04).

McCain (R), Barr (L) and Baldwin (C) all have something lacking in one area or another.

Can we write-in Ron Paul in Indiana? :)

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    One advantage the Obama has that doesn't show up in polls is the sheer number of new voters his supporters are registering. There could be millions of new voters casting their ballots for Obama in November.

I'm hoping that Palin's selection might galvanize the republicans to get out and vote.

One advantage for McCain that doesn't show also is how disappointed dems are with Obama's flip flopping and not picking Hillary for VP. The dem fear of Obama in some quarters is also not being reported.

I do not think that Obama will be elected, especially after the debates. I have watched him since his run for Senate in IL. and he does not come off well when he is not scripted. Biden comes off as a smarmy elitist. Right now McCain appears comfortable in his own skin, as does Palin. Palin might say something that can be used negatively in a sound byte but that is politics and we will see what happens.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom