• ...and so much more!
  • edwea

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jan 25, 2015
    New Dolan
    I didn't expect the Rugged Alaskan to be so comically large. I got the piston booster on, and my higher sights and 509t could barely clear it :laugh: Was originally going to have it on a Ruger PCC, but wanted to see it on a pistol too.

Can anyone enlighten me on pistol mounting? All I read was lube up the piston, use some teflon tape on the threads, and remember to take off any O-rings that come on threaded barrels.
    View attachment 347247
    That's pretty much it, although I don't use tape on my barrel threads. I think rugged specs white lithium grease for the piston.

ArevaloSocom

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2014
    Hobart
    AP1GczM3UsCcrbDfcZFX7DiUsyRMGcYPVSLBodLr6YoRBC_AduImYEV5TBGxV5yMleoRuMamkUlrlBNtDFnF95Y3M7PVP3I_69vPyOiCBkag8yz03wwBsuc=w2400

AP1GczMi7ghq-wmGdG_MfZpLWkxtbhO4G2UTpa-ou8k5f8WtVwv6GeWVDJ8sHw3nF4UnSfNJNkST8_XEcsAy9eYo0nIV4C1BoZJRcrRcZ5z0l9ATup30c7w=w2400

AP1GczMTBsXsJHqgyes9GKmp2Jn5x-WhgkIhxOxiMvgdH_mPZRRAROoMkqZjLOpmYypS-O3Eh85EiDvbNUKFt037m7C73oenb1bq6NCzIpQbSbivNhYGsDE=w2400

AP1GczNFjTl0RnpgIX5m5CwHfQHnes56OIDncTBkWn1wLo4i5jWcJ13FCOm3t1t5R-5olc3jgJMobB4m--GRgB_NLxKHUyxuk-Qi5oMeRZMNv7N3mL7URCY=w2400

AP1GczMEY98bgF9C9YNTQNZ_FGTJirYXxMfWNL89mUPhji5Gfcy8M19VrWNGn_tloNRtGW2g7zx7ukYi6foesjoYM6ycFZYzv8-oD5zjgPbSELL6YculVxA=w2400

AP1GczP-Glt7sd5J0_Bgh7bN2ZqInY-LvqqfoBJTYr28aXKDkSIWLe8isXnvWfskmURFSJI1algAkLYWr-H5ebh8MrDa0LAfMsFgCoxPBg5KfJMCiIH7HI4=w2400

AP1GczMCDHPxpG5tzcLHjjltXdXJYHo2Cad8sY5iIQ9uCMqrlvYOCq_xSzA7lHBRPDIvdt0B0dEr3BrMBgYipB99lsFWGSDV5uF012hnPKi_pLcZsuzxAhQ=w2400

AP1GczONnHLh8zsiJh6hNnB16Vn94xSz4ToPfQFeoIDrlVX3MggGb_sJ03A8m6Jcm0wYY56hUvAMcZw-T9LFowAAh4FDDizUErXzNiVI1C1ZMPlvz4XPKII=w2400

Last edited:

GSPBirdDog

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Henryville
    Form 4 approved on this in only 7 days! Q Honey Badger SBR "Anodized Blue". I have a Huxwrx 762 Ventum arriving next week. Hoping for a fast approval on it as well to complete this rig.
    I added a B5 FDE Grip, Eotech EXPS3-2 with Unity Riser, Modlite 18350 with Unity Gas Cap, Unity Link Modlite Button, Arisaka Mount, and most important, I got rid of the junk OK Mag and using Lancer's in transparent FDE. Only things I need for it are a sling and Arisaka finger stop. My fingers kept wanting to touch the front of the cherry bomb

Q HB SBR-1.jpgQ HB SBR-2.jpgQ HB SBR-3.jpgQ HB SBR-5.jpg

DDadams

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Jan 17, 2014
    North Indy
    The waiting game begins! Hopefully it's a short one like many have gotten. @Aszerigan sent me some wonderful teaser pics today.

Specters CAT WB, 718 inconel of course, not titanium because why spark at night when you could just... not spark?

E: I want to thank everyone who bought Huxwrx flow 556k's and put them on such a long back order that it gave cat time to send these to Pew Science to get them tested before the flow was restocked. I'm sure I'd have been very happy with the Hux but these are basically the same exact size, weight, but made out of inconel instead, have a much better flash reduction, and are quieter.

Got lucky.
    739298384.jpg
    739298373.jpg

Last edited:

edwea

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jan 25, 2015
    New Dolan
    The waiting game begins! Hopefully it's a short one like many have gotten. @Aszerigan sent me some wonderful teaser pics today.

Specters CAT WB, 718 inconel of course, not titanium because why spark at night when you could just... not spark?

E: I want to thank everyone who bought Huxwrx flow 556k's and put them on such a long back order that it gave cat time to send these to Pew Science to get them tested before the flow was restocked. I'm sure I'd have been very happy with the Hux but these are basically the same exact size, weight, but made out of inconel instead, have a much better flash reduction, and are quieter.

Got lucky.
    View attachment 357238
    View attachment 357239
    Shot it yet?

DDadams

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Jan 17, 2014
    North Indy
    Shot it yet?
    I wish but no, not yet. I'm trying to figure out when I can make the trip south. Hopefully next week. I really can't wait to compare it to the two LPM Anthem S's I have on a couple different lengths.

Pew science didn't text the Anthem on 5.56 but on the 11.5, 12.5, 13.9, and 14.5's I've tried it on it absolutely CRUSHES the OCL Polonium when it comes to at ear suppression. The polonium is probably just so slightly better at muzzle I don't think anyone would really notice.

But with the LPM Anthem S the tone is what's fantastic. It's so pleasant and really alters it. Outside on a 14.5 I shot the Anthem S without ears for half a mag slowly and then the rest fast - it wasn't even close to as bad as a Glock 19 would have been without ears.

As long as the WB is even just close to the Anthem S I'll be thrilled with it. The Anthems are the best money I've spent on anything AR related. If it's better, that's more than I could ask for. If it's super close, that's all I was hoping for because it's 1.2" shorter 4 ounces lighter, has virtually NO flash at night supposedly, and is made out of inconel rather 17-4.

What more could I ask for besides it being cheaper?

I wish cameras could pick up suppressor sounds accurately but I still might try to take a video comparison of a few.

edwea

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jan 25, 2015
    New Dolan
    I wish but no, not yet. I'm trying to figure out when I can make the trip south. Hopefully next week. I really can't wait to compare it to the two LPM Anthem S's I have on a couple different lengths.

Pew science didn't text the Anthem on 5.56 but on the 11.5, 12.5, 13.9, and 14.5's I've tried it on it absolutely CRUSHES the OCL Polonium when it comes to at ear suppression. The polonium is probably just so slightly better at muzzle I don't think anyone would really notice.

But with the LPM Anthem S the tone is what's fantastic. It's so pleasant and really alters it. Outside on a 14.5 I shot the Anthem S without ears for half a mag slowly and then the rest fast - it wasn't even close to as bad as a Glock 19 would have been without ears.

As long as the WB is even just close to the Anthem S I'll be thrilled with it. The Anthems are the best money I've spent on anything AR related. If it's better, that's more than I could ask for. If it's super close, that's all I was hoping for because it's 1.2" shorter 4 ounces lighter, has virtually NO flash at night supposedly, and is made out of inconel rather 17-4.

What more could I ask for besides it being cheaper?

I wish cameras could pick up suppressor sounds accurately but I still might try to take a video comparison of a few.
    Anthem brethren here. Loving my s2.

DDadams

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Jan 17, 2014
    North Indy
    Anthem brethren here. Loving my s2.
    What all have you tried it on?

Did you by chance get turned onto it from @Aszerigan if you don't mind me asking?

It's fantastic on 308 - even on the 13.9 I ran it on just a little bit - it made it sound like quieter than just a flash hider 5.56.

But I really really think the Anthem S/s2's absolutely shine on 5.56. I really wish Pew Science would have been asked by LPM to test it on 556 for hard #s that are conformed. I have numbers from another source and even though the source is pretty trustworthy IMO, it doesn't beat pew science.

Anthem S next to my TSV 22 I just got from Andrew today
    20240606_140933.jpg

When the P/W Anthems were discontinued and I saw the stock down to just 5 left I tried to justify figuring out a way to 'need' one. I was really iffy about the upper up until the day I got it all put together and tried it with a brace before having @AllenM pin/weld the can.

Now I'm beyond thrilled. It's my tied as my favorite upper. The one tied with it is a 14.5 Noveske barreled upper with a fsp cut on a BCM mcmr handguard Allen also did for me. I just can't decide what red dot to use on it. If aimpoint would at least make a 25mm+ dot I'd just use that. I don't want to use a holosun on this but I don't think there's anyone else making what I actually want. The FSP upper is going to get an acog when I find a good used ta02 for sale.

Both of these are IMO hearing safe with the Anthem's. Maybe not all day or for multiple mag dumps but for one mag I had no issues.
    20240503_144843.jpg
    20240503_134543.jpg
    20240214_233632.jpg

Still super pumped about the WB. I'm sure it will be great but unsure if it will dethrone the Anthems. I wholeheartedly think the Anthem S was in my top 3 for best money I've ever spent on a firearm related thing. I do not think there's any suppressor on the market even close to the $650 msrp that can give you the sound, durability, and size that it provides.

I doubt the WB or cat ODB are worth 2x Anthem's.

Now I'm just dying waiting for LPM to restock the flash hider end caps.

When the new INGO lowers come in I plan on making a 300BO pistol to replace my folding AR I carry in my backpack at the moment. I have no 300BO and haven't had a chance to try the Anthem out on one, but I bet it'll be fantastic on some heavy subs.

Last edited:

edwea

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jan 25, 2015
    New Dolan
    What all have you tried it on?

Did you by chance get turned onto it from @Aszerigan if you don't mind me asking?

It's fantastic on 308 - even on the 13.9 I ran it on just a little bit - it made it sound like quieter than just a flash hider 5.56.

Anthem S next to my TSV 22 I just got from Andrew today
    So far, only shot it on a 10.5" 300 blackout sbr. Sounds great with subs. Thunder chicken quiet but smaller overall. Going to put it on 308 and 6.5 grendel this weekend. It's built like a tank, but somehow doesn't feel too heavy. +1 for watching for end caps to come back in stock.
    IMG_20240603_164534584_HDR~2.jpg

Last edited:

DDadams

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Jan 17, 2014
    North Indy
    So far, only shot it on a 10.5" 300 blackout sbr. Sounds great with subs. Thunder chicken quiet but smaller overall. Going to put it on 308 and 6.5 grendel this weekend. It's built like a tank, but somehow doesn't feel too heavy. +1 for watching for end caps to come back in stock.
    View attachment 357408
    For their testing on durability Riley @ LPM said they built a 12" 300 win mag and dumped rounds through the test can to see how well it held up to that insane level of abuse. I think they said something like a 15 round burst? With no damage at all.

I'm pretty sure two or three 300wm out of a 12" barrel would just blow up many cans or leave them near inoperable. That's a hell of an explosion for a can to contain with just 12" of powder burn.

ArevaloSocom

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2014
    Hobart
    What’s up with that RPG? Never seen anyone with one
    DD's are awesome / Better to have and not need then need and not have

First off after Waco I definitely wanted anti armor ability/ Watching the Palestinians hit armor with rockets just more of the same/

I have a sub caliber kit in 9mm for screwing around that is going to be fun and the most expensive 9mm single shot ever.

Smith is welding up the stupid hole and installing firing pin. Stupid blocking bar is already removed.

Top Bottom