• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    +1 to AA Optics for the scope and mount. Picked up a Vortex Crossfire II scope and a Vortex Cantilever 2" offset mount at the 1500 today and got a very nice price. I'm getting close to having everything except the lower. I plan on going back tomorrow and getting the rest of the small stuff.

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    I think my upper is pretty much completed. Only thing left is the sling setup and that really can't be completed until I get the lower. Looking to do a QD system so the gun can be handheld or benched.

INGO-upper.jpg

Aero Precision upper, 20" FN CHF barrel with low profile gas block, 15" free float key mod hand guard, SD Tactical brake with suppressor QD threads, Vortex Crossfire II scope with cantilever mount, Fortis Shift short angled grip, Harris bipod with QD, charging handle with extended release and a phosphate coated FA BCG.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Nice upper. I'm planning a very similar setup, only I'm leaning toward a fluted SS barrel.

Do you have a trigger picked out that you plan to run with that rig?

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    I have a couple of Velocity trigger systems. Just under 3# trigger pull with a very short reset. One thing I really like about these are the set screws that lock it into the lower.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I think my upper is pretty much completed. Only thing left is the sling setup and that really can't be completed until I get the lower. Looking to do a QD system so the gun can be handheld or benched.

INGO-upper.jpg

Aero Precision upper, 20" FN CHF barrel with low profile gas block, 15" free float key mod hand guard, SD Tactical brake with suppressor QD threads, Vortex Crossfire II scope with cantilever mount, Fortis Shift short angled grip, Harris bipod with QD, charging handle with extended release and a phosphate coated FA BCG.

I will have one of those dust covers.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I have a couple of Velocity trigger systems. Just under 3# trigger pull with a very short reset. One thing I really like about these are the set screws that lock it into the lower.

I'm not familiar with Velocity triggers. I'll have to look into them. At $150 that seems a lot less salty then the prices on the Geissele triggers.

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    I'm not familiar with Velocity triggers. I'll have to look into them. At $150 that seems a lot less salty then the prices on the Geissele triggers.

I got mine at the 1500 for $125 cash each out the door. I compared them to the Tap Con and I liked these better. Especially at the price!

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Anybody got any decent leads on a parkerized/blued/dark finished 16 Inch Heavy Barrel? The only thing i can find that isn't stainless so far is Rock River Arms and that is ready as an A2 style assembly and they want $255 for it. I wanted to do a shorter build this time, but heck i think i might just throw another 20 inch Stag Arms heavy barrel on if i can't find anything decent.

Damage Industries has sales from time to time on BCI 16". I grabbed one up back a few months ago for $ 98.00 It is a fine very accurate barrel.

Notalentbum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 12, 2013
    Indy westside
    I tried to get one of the dust covers at the 1500 but I apparently didn't have the right code to give Fenway. I went home empty handed, at least as far as dust covers go.
    I was in the process of upgrading the barrel on my Stag model 3 when this group buy popped up. After successfully paying for my INGO lower, I decided to build a whole new rifle. I had already purchased a Spikes barrel and an ALG floated hand guard. I ordered a BCI upper a couple weeks ago while on vacation and it came in before I even got home. I got the upper all assembled last week and test fired it over at Parabellum mounted on my Stag lower. At the 1500, I picked up a mil spec stock and buffer kit as well as a new bcg. I had a CMMG lpk in stock along with a Rock River 2 Stage trigger. I think all that's left is the lower and a charging handle.

Matt

raptrbreth

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    New Palestine
    I plan on building one in a 24" designated marksman type setup and the second will be a A2. Now I just have to learn to build one as all uncle sugar taught us to do was shoot 'em.

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    I plan on building one in a 24" designated marksman type setup and the second will be a A2. Now I just have to learn to build one as all uncle sugar taught us to do was shoot 'em.
    That there's two really good choices for your first builds. They're super simple to build, and building them is VERY addictive.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Geissele Super Dynamic Enhanced (SD-E)

In case anyone is looking at Geissele triggers, I found this site, which I'd never heard of before. (magicost.com)

I just ordered the SD-E for $205, which is more than $40 less than I've seen it everywhere else. They also have the SSA-E for under $200.

Free ground shipping on everything.

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    If anyone is still buying for their project, particularly first time buyers, Primary Arms has some good prices on Magpul BEV Blocks ($35) and their armorer's tool ($60) as well. I'm admittedly a Magpul fanboy, but the BEV Block is really neat since it can hold the lower or the upper, and since I didn't have either as a first time builder, I bought one.

They also have 20% off Geissele including triggers which is the best prices I've seen on their triggers. I already bought mine, so I'm missing out on the savings, but someone should benefit from it!

Enjoy!

Top Bottom