• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Today is the kick-off of the 2010 NASCAR Jimmy Johnson Series.

12:00 noon on FOX.

Hopefully it won't be a one-sided season again this year.

Go Smoke.

homepage-photo.jpg

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    If I were a NASCAR fan, I'd be pissed at how Fox news was identifying the race yesterday on their news reports. They were calling it the "Super-bowl" of racing.:noway:
    It wasn't even a logical analogy, as the super-bowl is for the playoff between the two best teams, and the Daytona is simply the largest race of the season as I understand it.

furbymac

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    noblesville
    If I were a NASCAR fan, I'd be pissed at how Fox news was identifying the race yesterday on their news reports. They were calling it the "Super-bowl" of racing.:noway:
    It wasn't even a logical analogy, as the super-bowl is for the playoff between the two best teams, and the Daytona is simply the largest race of the season as I understand it.
    i would be ecstatic if i didn't have to hear boogity boogity boogity every time the green drops on fox

ISHOOTHST'S

Master
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    Iyaf
    The 52nd Running Of The Great American Race: Daytona 500

Green Flag is set for 1:19. Damn you 360 i was bout to start a fire thread on the race...oh well ill just make it here.

NASCAR - Sprint Cup - Daytona 500 Preview - Motor Sports - MiamiHerald.com

001_09daytona500.jpg

Im going with harvick. He has ran strong in practice, won the shootout last weekend, and almost edged out the 48 car in the duel race on thursday.

And yes it is THE JIMMIE JOHNSON SHOW....:rockwoot:

Pics from the 2010 year so far.

delayed_665.jpg

mediadayJR_665.jpg

satcuppractice_665.jpg

rpm_g_dpatrick_600.jpg

harvick_new_665.jpg

menzer_665.jpg

cupnumbers_665.jpg

ScreenHunter_07Feb081745.jpg

danica_caraviello_665.jpg

duelT1_665.jpg

ScreenHunter_18Feb131041.jpg

ScreenHunter_15Feb131040.jpg

ScreenHunter_04Feb081744.jpg

ScreenHunter_17Feb131041.jpg

ScreenHunter_06Feb081745.jpg

D_Patrick_Home_T1_665.jpg

ScreenHunter_19Feb131919.jpg

e61adf8f18b201f6fe6a55d161993928-ge.jpg

ScreenHunter_20Feb131920.jpg

916f19f78d76632ffdbc17baab9f3c6a-ge.jpg

557e9a476ee8f004ecb4b612919d650e-ge.jpg

18917c8cdc826478032f3b4ca4b485af-ge.jpg

As you may suspect....I am a die hard fan! :rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot:

Last edited:

furbymac

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    noblesville
    I hope you nascar fans enjoy your Jimmie Johnson show while it lasts. It will soon be the all Danica, all the time show.:rolleyes:
    no if we get a driver to take her out the first lap of every race they won't talk about her as much any more. but i agree the nationwide race yesterday was the all danica show untill she crashed, it was like she was the only driver on the track and unfortunately i believe she is gonna pull more people away from the sport because ppl will get tired of hearing about just her

kedie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Southeast of disorder.
    no if we get a driver to take her out the first lap of every race they won't talk about her as much any more. but i agree the nationwide race yesterday was the all danica show untill she crashed, it was like she was the only driver on the track and unfortunately i believe she is gonna pull more people away from the sport because ppl will get tired of hearing about just her

I'm an IndyCar fan and I'm at that point with her. I thought it was BS when she got more coverage for her 4th place then Dan Wheldon got for winning the 500. The same thing happened to Stewart yesterday.

Anyway, enjoy your race today.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.

yeah, but in NASCAR, the Daytona 500 basically IS the super-bowl.

There is NO other race they care about more.

But for us #3 fans, it's a sad anniversary.

GO SMOKE!

Big Hank

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    I'm sure it's old news since I don't pay attention to the truck series, but it's pretty cool to see the pic of the first truck crossing the line with Gun Broker.com down the side.

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    I hope you nascar fans enjoy your Jimmie Johnson show while it lasts. It will soon be the all Danica, all the time show.:rolleyes:

I don't mind hearing about Danica for awhile. I am sick of Jimmy Johnson. The same happened with Jeff Gordon a number of years ago. I quit watching and he was on my short list. But now, I root for him just as much as anyone else because he isn't the story every weekend.

I usually root for Mark Martin, Tony Stewart, Jeff Gordon, Michael Waltrip, or Dale Jr. The rest are just traffic to me. I can't stand the Busch Brothers either.

Top Bottom