• GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Wanna see something sad? I debated whether to post this or not as it really pissed me off when I found him. This guy has been around my property for several seasons. Last week I went out into my wooded area to cut up a fallen tree and there he was. It's obvious he's been moved and I have no idea what did him in.

imagejpg1_zps3e7946ca.jpg

Tobryan

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 6, 2013
    Lafayette
    Wanna see something sad? I debated whether to post this or not as it really pissed me off when I found him. This guy has been around my property for several seasons. Last week I went out into my wooded area to cut up a fallen tree and there he was. It's obvious he's been moved and I have no idea what did him in.

[/
    i can't find a single bullet hole in the photo.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine

Hard telling in that condition what caused his death. We have had some we have found with arrows in them or bullet holes (depending on what part of deer season we are in). The coyotes have reduced some of the ones we have found to this state in a matter of 48 hours or less. There are a number of people who hunt near our property, and we have caught people on our property at times so we are never sure if they were shot here and not recovered or shot elsewhere and ran into our property.

It's always sad to find them like this.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Hard telling in that condition what caused his death. We have had some we have found with arrows in them or bullet holes (depending on what part of deer season we are in). The coyotes have reduced some of the ones we have found to this state in a matter of 48 hours or less. There are a number of people who hunt near our property, and we have caught people on our property at times so we are never sure if they were shot here and not recovered or shot elsewhere and ran into our property.

It's always sad to find them like this.

Yeah, I think he got shot somewhere else and something drug him here. That or something drug other parts of him somewhere else. If it was one of my neighbors, I wish they'd come over and knocked. I'da let them get their deer. I sure don't like seeing them go to waste like this guy did.

yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    I harvested a decent 8 point with a small drop tine with my bow on 11/12/14

Nice buck bro love the drop tine off his base.... Way cool, I've always wanted a drop tine buck.... I have a 3 beam buck but not a drop tine... Nice buck bro. and hell of a bow kill.... Lucky dog... ;)

BigMatt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009
    I am going tomorrow afternoon, Friday all day and Saturday all day. I hope we see some deer.

Last Saturday I saw a ton, but Sunday I didn't see any. I think with the front coming in Saturday we should see some on thursday/friday.

We shall see.

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    Yeah, I think he got shot somewhere else and something drug him here. That or something drug other parts of him somewhere else. If it was one of my neighbors, I wish they'd come over and knocked. I'da let them get their deer. I sure don't like seeing them go to waste like this guy did.
    +1 I would have no problem at all and would actually help a fellow hunter that needed to track a deer on my property and would even help them drag and load it as long as they simply knocked on the door or atleast attempted to and I was not at home. :rockwoot: No sense in a deer wasting away.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Hunting bud popped a nice buck about an hr and a half ago.
    CVA .35 Rem.
    He's rather pleased.

Edit:

Went over to his house, pic he sent did not do the buck justice.
    I think it might make HRBP.
    Weight was estimated 185-200.

It scaled 200.

My crap cell phone pic...

h5w9tPD.jpg

Last edited:

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Same thicket, my dink and his trophy..... shot probably 50 yards from each other.

Yeah, he aint rubbing it in toooooooo bad LOL.

Screw it man, I was done................am glad he sealed the deal on a good'un :)

2 yrs from now one of that deers offspring will be just as big.......maybe then we can put one or two down from that family line by arrow !

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    We knew one was there off and on before bow.....just hadn't seen him. Lots of hunting pressure around.
    Bet he figured the lack of pressure at our spot made it a good hideout.

Oops !

Low % place (didn't see any antlers all last yr)............but occassionally.................

Top Bottom