• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gvsugod

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   1
    Mar 19, 2012
    SW Indianapolis
    How does the size of this show compare to the others? I went in Feb. and it was great, took hours just to walk. Went in the summer, took 20 minutes. Is it more like February, Summer, or somewhere in between?

kradleu

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 9, 2012
    I think it will be busier than normal for the october show because of the approaching election. last time it was a very good show.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Yes, the "Fall" show is a big one. Last one before firearms deer season (roughly) brings lots more camo'd bubbas out to the fairgrounds.

-J-

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    Don't know how much it will factor in but I think I heard that the SHOT show is also that weekend. That might reduce a couple vendors but I don't know.

ZbornacSVT

Owner at Bobcat Armament
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Shelbyville
    Don't know how much it will factor in but I think I heard that the SHOT show is also that weekend. That might reduce a couple vendors but I don't know.

SHOT is in January.

This show is in the bigger venue, but as I understand it the brick room on the north side is under construction, so all those vendors will be moved to a new room on the west side of the buildings. This may actually allow this show to be bigger than any yet.

democracywins

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2012
    Marion, IN
    It will likely be pretty busy, last one of the year is always busy. Plus with the election it may add to it.

I went to the first 1500 after President Obama got elected....the most insane 1500 I have ever been to! Wall to wall people that day, busiest I had ever seen it.

SAMSON

Marksman
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jul 3, 2009
    Indy, Southside
    This show will be in the South Pavilion. Summer two shows are in the Expo Building(June and August). Winter or cooler weather three shows are in SP(January, March and October). Due to the coliseum construction the North hall(A or C don't know which it is) will be closed this show and probably will be for a while. The hall at the West end of the SP will be opened up for these shows and it's a good sized area. It's normally used for parking and vendor loading and unloading for the shows.

It'll probably the biggest show you'll see for a while because of the building size and the election pressure.

Don't know how the construction will affect the parking!!

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    October is usually the biggest/busiest with the January show coming up in second. The rest are much smaller. Being that this is the last show before an election, I would count on it being abnoxiously PACKED.

WOLFEMAN

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    LAFAYETTE
    Being packed this weekend is right! Now that the second debate is
    finished and the words "assult weapons ban" was used, it's going
    to be wall to wall buying this weekend. Good luck to all !

:ingo::patriot:

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    I can't decide if the show was bigger this time or if I was just able to see more of it since it wasn't that crowded. We were there for close to four hours looking at everything. I thought it was a good show.

Giddaltti

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Carmel, IN.
    I'm from TX. and I have been to shows in Houston, Austin, SA and Dallas. This show was wall to wall and I would say it was huge by some comparrisons. It's been several years since I attended a GS. Lots of Sigsauer and Glocs at the show.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bengineer
    Top Bottom