• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bob2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 24, 2010
    I have never noticed anyone open carry in my "smaller" community (Warsaw), but here lately I have been thinking about securing the Judge in the Blackhawk paddle holster and going out, just to see what happens.

But to be honest, I can't tell you how "paranoid" I was recently just as a new CC... thinking everyone was looking at me as "man with a gun" even though I knew no one could see it LOL

chachi73

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 7, 2009
    west burbs
    oc'ers are cowboys with something to prove, or are overcompensating for lack of something which is always cc'd.

beware of the 5 y/o girl who will eventually disarm and pistol whip you with your own piece.

seriously though, i can't ever see myself oc'ing. I prefer that nobody knows my business.

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    OC, CC, JFC! it really doesn't matter. I OC, sometimes I CC, hell there's even times I do both at the same time!

I OC, as I find it more comfortable, and it makes for a much easier draw. I do not concern myself with the "questionable" tactical theory of "you'll be the first person shot because you have a gun and the BG knows about it"! Mostly because I'm 6'7" and over 350#, I figure I'm SOL either way. :dunno:

So either way, JFC!

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    oc'ers are cowboys with something to prove, or are overcompensating for lack of something which is always cc'd.

beware of the 5 y/o girl who will eventually disarm and pistol whip you with your own piece.

seriously though, i can't ever see myself oc'ing. I prefer that nobody knows my business.

Did you forget your purple, or are you really just trying to **** people off?

Lerious

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2013
    CC'ing has always been my preferred carrying method, props to those who do OC. I Just feel so much better CC'ing that i never even attempted to Open carry.

Burnsy

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    NW Indiana
    Get yourself a sport jacket, shirt and tie....and some jeans. I call it respectable casual. No one batts an eye even though you have a primary on the hip, backup on the ankle, etc. Most people even start calling you sir again if you carry yourself with confidence.

Feels good all around. You're carrying, you've got class, people treat you with respect. There's lots of ways to mod you jacket to carry all your EDC items. Here's one that's made for that exactly...

p3_sport_coat_split_x-ray_2.jpg

SeV Sport Coat - SeV Men's sportcoat, travel sportcoat

The one above is a three button and 2 buttons are more 'fashionable' right now, but still pretty cool. Most of the time you wear one un-buttoned so sweeping it to the side to draw is simple.

How does one OC with a longer than waist suit jacket?

Lukethespook

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Central Indiana
    thanks for the wisdom

I can't help but feel like this a fear of man issue more than "I want to be seen as a Christian" issue. What's unchristian about carrying a gun? In the book of Luke (chapter 22 maybe?) Christ commanded his disciples to take their swords with them...and if they didn't have a sword to sell their cloak and buy one. A gun is nothing more than a modern day sword.

3: A stand up Christian with a gun is the best advertizement and PR tool real masculinity could have.

I don't think there's anything unchristian about carrying a gun, as I concealed carry everywhere I go, church included. I think you're right though, it probably is more of a fear of what people will think and how they will be silently judging me for open carrying. That is quite the persuasive verse and will be what I start with if someone questions why I feel the need to carry a gun. Could lead right in to the Christianity that I felt would be obscured behind the gun in the first place. And your right, real masculinity is a disappearing quality. Time to get a new holster :D

Top Bottom