• ...and so much more!
  • ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Anyone else see this idiocy on Facebook?

Oh please save me from the big, bad Republicans.

Tell them that's the problem with entrenching theft as a government power: what the last crook stole and gave to you, the next crook can steal from you and give to someone else.

HubertGummer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 7, 2016
    McCordsville
    No matter which "side" is in power, they spend every penny they can steal or borrow. Most folks only ridicule the other "side's" propensity for doing this and largely give a pass to the "side" they identify with.

They are 2 sides of the same coin.

...for politicians. For those who vote to not implement it, they may get voted out, but they would've done right by the nation. That's the problem with our elected officials. They care more about staying in office, than doing the right thing.... and that's not unique to any party.

I see your points. I just hope they are able to somehow prevent the other party from regaining control in 2 years and implementing it again. Plus, there is a lot that needs done and I hope they get a lot of this mess cleaned up before they lose again. It seems like Rs are held much more accountable for "harm" they do than the other side.

ATM

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I see your points. I just hope they are able to somehow prevent the other party from regaining control in 2 years and implementing it again. Plus, there is a lot that needs done and I hope they get a lot of this mess cleaned up before they lose again. It seems like Rs are held much more accountable for "harm" they do than the other side.

They will not clean up any mess, simply rearrange it and grow it into a larger mess that Republicans approve of and Democrats hate.

Flip the coin, America loses.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    My what? View of reality? I expect I do see things as they are and don't hold optimistic expectations that are dependent on my fellow man. But I'm not going to rage against the dying of the light. Takes too much energy.

Wow, now I understand so many more of your posts. Not that I agree with them, but at least I know where they're coming from. :(

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    When did Obama ever listen to the losing side. Never.

While we certainly will be better people than Obama ever was, we don't need to think that we have to listen to the losing side at this point in time. Certainly later, especially when they begin to act as if they want to contribute rather than that they are entitled to. :twocents:

ATM

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    When did Obama ever listen to the losing side. Never.

While we certainly will be better people than Obama ever was, we don't need to think that we have to listen to the losing side at this point in time. Certainly later, especially when they begin to act as if they want to contribute rather than that they are entitled to. :twocents:

You say "we" a lot when you talk about the government (at least Republican politicians), yet the American people side hasn't won anything in ages.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    https://www.hermancain.com/humana-says-adios-to-obamacare-implosion

"Regarding the company’s individual commercial medical coverage (Individual Commercial), substantially all of which is offered on-exchange through the federal Marketplaces, Humana has worked over the past several years to address market and programmatic challenges in order to keep coverage options available wherever it could offer a viable product. This has included pursuing business changes, such as modifying networks, restructuring product offerings, reducing the company’s geographic footprint and increasing premiums.
    All of these actions were taken with the expectation that the company’s Individual Commercial business would stabilize to the point where the company could continue to participate in the program. However, based on its initial analysis of data associated with the company’s healthcare exchange membership following the 2017 open enrollment period, Humana is seeing further signs of an unbalanced risk pool. Therefore, the company has decided that it cannot continue to offer this coverage for 2018. Through the remainder of 2017, Humana remains committed to serving its current members across 11 states where it offers Individual Commercial products. And, as it has done in the past, Humana will work closely with its state partners as it navigates this process."

dvd1955

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2013
    Howard County
    Just curious, as I haven't seen this addressed before. When did the republicans go from "repeal" to "repeal and replace"? I thought the argument at the beginning was to keep big government out of our health care.

dvd1955

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2013
    Howard County
    Health Care Through the years

1950 - you <> your doctor
    1970 - insurance company <> you <> your doctor
    1990 - you <> insurance company <> your doctor
    2010 - you <> government <> insurance company <> maybe your doctor
    2030 - you <> government <> government's doctor

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

1950 - you <> your doctor
    1970 - insurance company <> you <> your doctor
    1990 - you <> insurance company <> your doctor
    2010 - you <> government <> insurance company <> maybe your doctor
    2030 - you <> government <> government's doctor

I think many of the Republicans view repeal as political suicide.
    I don't know what the split would be.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    http://finance.yahoo.com/news/trump-now-owns-obamacare-181736930.html
    Trump now owns Obamacare

Not even in office a month, and he "owns Obamacare"?
    It's funny how the media never got around to saying Obama ever owned anything. The Dems have just been waiting to dump this bloated albatross on someone else while attempting to wash their hands of any responsibilty for it's failure.

No Obama and the dems will forever wear the distinction of owning Obamacare from it's ill conceived conception to it's crumbling failure.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    See if I can fill in the variables to make sense of this.

1950 - you **** your doctor
    1970 - insurance company ****s you ****s your doctor
    1990 - you **** insurance company ****s your doctor
    2010 - you **** government ****s insurance company ****s maybe your doctor
    2030 - you **** government ****s government's doctor

No. I don't beleive it works out that way for all years. :dunno:

Top Bottom