• jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    This is cant. Yes, that definition.

Yes. The collectivist position on taxes and spending. It's THAT definition. That is what I'm saying.

Let's assume for a second that none of the wealth "confiscated" is used to pay for social programs. It is solely used for purposes of warfare.

I have no idea what you're saying here. I guess I have to ask, what do you mean by "welfare" here?

And that might be appropriate since most of the neocons aren't warriors in the true sense but more than willing to sacrifice other people's sons (especially the poor) on the battelfield.
    you're not going to see a rebuttal from me here. I was very pissed at Bush when he reneged on his campaign promise not to engage in nation building. Next thing you know, we're shocking and aweing in Iraq, and then "rebuilding" them.

Why is it that conservative feel they have a right to eliminate birth control but are unwilling to support the offspring of such policies that result? Oh, you say stop screwing. Yeah. Like republicans don't.

WTF are you talking about? No one's talking about banning birth control. Some religious people are against birth control. I think it's fine not to make them pay for other people's birth control. Again, you're faced with a choice at the ballot box. Instead of putting YOUR money where your mouth is, and donating your own money to help poor people buy birth control, you're flipping the lever for the candidate who says he'll force those religious people to go against their beliefs.

It is not the federal government's place to provide birth control. I dunno. Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe the shriners should quit pimping the crippled kids on infomercials to get people to donate to their charities, and just lobby the government to take money away from people and give to them. Worked for planned parenthood.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Go ahead and take the moral high ground Steve. Taxation is theft but the reproductive rights of others is something that you have a right to be involved in because: Jesus.

Utter nonsense.

Reproductive rights? Listen to you. No one is saying people don't have a right to have sex or reproduce. But with rights come responsibilities. If they're not going to be responsible with their rights, it's not up to me to be responsible for them. Quit acting like not paying for other people's free**** is the same as banning it.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    These things have been argued over and legislated for all of the 20th Century and beyond. Y'all are on the losing side of the argument, but won't admit defeat.

You are going to continue to be taxed. Deal with it.

You don't have a right to tell a woman ANYTHING. If you think you do, you are obviously not married.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    There is a tendency to believe what other conservatives have said, so I don't blame you for jumping to the conclusion that reproductive rights means ABORTION.

Then what the heck are you talking about? Conservatives haven't tried to ban any other forms of 'reproductive rights' for a very, very long time.

We deal with it by limiting it as much as possible. By accepting the moral implications and deciding to limit the immoral effects as much as possible.

You are the one who needs to deal with it by acknowledging what it is and finding ways to cut it back.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Conservatives are attempting to get rid of Planned Parenthood, are they not? Do you think PP's main role is that of abortion provider? By the way, I'm personally pro-life.

I believe in a progressive tax system. I don't believe in supply side economics. I haven't seen a successful macro-implementation of supply-side theory. Perhaps Kansas could serve as the most recent BAD example. Tax cutbacks have driven the state off the rails. The proposed fix? Regressive taxation. My o my. Talk about moral turpitude.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    These things have been argued over and legislated for all of the 20th Century and beyond. Y'all are on the losing side of the argument, but won't admit defeat.

You don't have a right to tell a woman ANYTHING. If you think you do, you are obviously not married.

Oh. So this is you saying, "neener neener, we won, you suck and we got your money."

The pendulum swings. You'll take it too far (I think you have already) and that will move the pendulum. I hope.

The only way to have a free society is for everyone to agree not to use the power of government against their opponents. That means government can't be strong enough to use as a stick. And that's how our country started out. Until your side discovered how to ignore the rules and use the stick.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    Conservatives are attempting to get rid of Planned Parenthood, are they not? Do you think PP's main role is that of abortion provider?

'Get rid of'? I assume you mean 'Get rid of' government funding of it? If so, then yes. Again, this bans nothing. Condoms are so cheap that a teenager could buy one with the change under the couch cushions. Get real.

I believe in a progressive tax system. I don't believe in supply side economics. I haven't seen a successful macro-implementation of supply-side theory. Perhaps Kansas could serve as the most recent BAD example. Tax cutbacks have driven the state off the rails. The proposed fix? Regressive taxation. My o my. Talk about moral turpitude.

I already embarrassed you when you tried to bring up an example of a failure in supply side economics. Do you really want to go down that path again? Maybe you were right to derail it.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Forgot to comment on this part. Why can't I tell a woman to pay for it herself? Hmmm?

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    We aren't talking about a range of reasonable possibilities when you start with the position that taxation is theft. That puts you outside of any window of negotiation. Therefore the only answer has to be: neener neener.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch

I thought women were equal? We tell men all kinds of things they can't do. Who, other than ATM, is advocating for zero taxes?

you make assumptions that are invalid and then attack people for your incorrect assumption you projected onto them.

gotta love liberals.

as Steve said, we aren't "getting rid" of planned parenthood, we are defunding them. .gov should not pay for abortions. We used to fight against governments that killed babies, now the left supports the unlimited killing of minority babies :dunno:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Conservatives are attempting to get rid of Planned Parenthood, are they not? Do you think PP's main role is that of abortion provider? By the way, I'm personally pro-life.

I don't care to get rid of planned parenthood. I'm just against using government funds for PP. It's a charity. They can raise their own dough.

Wait. You mean liberals only support "women's health" with their talk and not their checkbooks? Oh, say it ain't so. Again, put your money where YOUR mouth is.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    I thought women were equal? We tell men all kinds of things they can't do. Who, other than ATM, is advocating for zero taxes?

You haven't read all the responses to this thread then.

you make assumptions that are invalid and then attack people for your incorrect assumption you projected onto them.

gotta love liberals.

physician, heal thyself

as Steve said, we aren't "getting rid" of planned parenthood, we are defunding them. .gov should not pay for abortions. We used to fight against governments that killed babies, now the left supports the unlimited killing of minority babies :dunno:

asked and answered

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Oh...you don't just want to tell her to pay for it.

Um. Yes. That's exactly what I want. I want people to pay for their own ****. I'm unclear whether we're talking about abortion or we're talking about birth control. Either way, YOU want it, YOU pay for it. I am not out to settle R v W. I'm not out to ban birth control. I don't care if people use it or not. But just be responsible, and don't make ME responsible for their lack of responsibility. If they're old enough to ****, they're old enough to bear their own consequences.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    We aren't talking about a range of reasonable possibilities when you start with the position that taxation is theft. That puts you outside of any window of negotiation.

As I said earlier, acknowledging it for what it is simply provides a guildeline within our status quo. Every dollar we spend must be acknowledged as one that was gained in an immoral fashion, and we should strive to do it as little as possible.

If this is too complex for you to comprehend, then you're right; it is outside any window of negotiation for you.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    I don't care to get rid of planned parenthood. I'm just against using government funds for PP. It's a charity. They can raise their own dough.

Wait. You mean liberals only support "women's health" with their talk and not their checkbooks? Oh, say it ain't so. Again, put your money where YOUR mouth is.

We have a representative form of government. Speak with your representatives. With me, talk to the hand.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    As I said earlier, acknowledging it for what it is simply provides a guildeline within our status quo. Every dollar we spend must be acknowledged as one that was gained in an immoral fashion, and we should strive to do it as little as possible.

If this is too complex for you to comprehend, then you're right; it is outside any window of negotiation for you.

16th Amendment. Get it repealed if you think it immoral. Or get with the program.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    We aren't talking about a range of reasonable possibilities when you start with the position that taxation is theft. That puts you outside of any window of negotiation. Therefore the only answer has to be: neener neener.

I not only start with that position, I end with it.

Your neener neer position is bankrupt, it exists merely to celebrate force.

Top Bottom