• KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Uhhh, the Marine Corpse needs to change it's image. Uhhhh, Michelle likes the new hat.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Millions of dollars on hats? I have a cheaper solution. No hats. Or pay to dress yourself like every other professional.

jrogers

Why not pass the time with a game of solitaire?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Central IN
    I looked at the hats in question and couldn't find a vulva on them anywhere. How exactly are they "girly?"

They're ugly as heck, sure, but so were the old ones.

edit:
    Millions of dollars on hats? I have a cheaper solution. No hats. Or pay to dress yourself like every other professional.

Plenty of "professionals" have uniforms provided to them. I agree that impractical dress uniforms and hats are a silly expense, but they were a silly expense long before the current guy was sitting in the Oval Office.

possum_128

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Martinsville area
    Girly? Hardly, Marine like no. Looks like the firefighter "stovepipe" dress hat. And they never looked girly or gay and me or anyother firefighter I have seen. Again looks good on firefighters in dress, but not on marines.

Chewie

Old, Tired, Grumpy, Skeptical
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Martinsville
    We have to make sure that Gov't funds are spent on the necessities. Gotta look "pretty" and make a gender nuetral impression on the rest of the world to show how well we fit in.

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    The Marine Corps is a traditional service, backed by history and pride. If changes occur for the "good" of the Corps, fine. I don't see the Barnum and Bailey "Cover"as a good for them. My Mother served with pride(USMC-1942-1945) and wore the issued covers as were required. Yes, the Women's Cover was different than a Male Marines, but it was theirs! Her Boot Camp picture resides on my mantel, can't imagine men with that style! Note: They also wore an overseas style folding cap w/ insignia when allowed.

Jarhead77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    Noblesville
    FWIW. When I was in, anytime the uniform changed us poor jarheads paid for them. The transition I speak of was from sateen to camouflage. I got no free uniforms. The exception? Dress blues for embassy duty.

GBolt

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2013
    24pyt8h.jpg

Top Bottom