• Status
    Not open for further replies.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Found out I'm getting gifted a High Standard Sports King Modle A1041. Of the gill guns, this is hard to find. Welcome to the world of the click-clack action.

I like unique things.

I have a Sport King Model A-102 Carbine. Very cool and well-made little autoloader. Mine has a solid brass buttplate and trigger guard! Last time I shot it, it seemed pretty accurate too. Trigger's not much to write home about, and looking at it close, I didn't see how to improve it.

HS A-102.jpg

HS 2.jpg

HS 4.jpg

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    I have a Sport King Model A-102 Carbine. Very cool and well-made little autoloader. Mine has a solid brass buttplate and trigger guard! Last time I shot it, it seemed pretty accurate too. Trigger's not much to write home about, and looking at it close, I didn't see how to improve it.

View attachment 331685

View attachment 331686

View attachment 331687

I have seen so many of these come through Blythes back when I worked there. Always wondered what the gills were actually for. Seemed like everytime they came in the gills were caked in grime.

Doug28450

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2021
    Hobart

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    So researching the patent, I found this. Looks like it was just to let excess gas escape, hoping to push out some of the unburnt debris, and allow material to be directed out away from teh shooters face, preventing fowling.View attachment 331715

Interesting. I'm going to dig it out and look at it closer. Never crossed my mind what they were there for. Pretty cool bit of machining though:

P1180608.JPG

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    Interesting. I'm going to dig it out and look at it closer. Never crossed my mind what they were there for. Pretty cool bit of machining though:

View attachment 331732

It is cool in theory. But like I said, all the ones that would come into Blythes would be caked with gunk. A few of them I had to take picks to so I could get the gunk out before we sold them. I would think if they worked well, the design would have caught on.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    It is cool in theory. But like I said, all the ones that would come into Blythes would be caked with gunk. A few of them I had to take picks to so I could get the gunk out before we sold them. I would think if they worked well, the design would have caught on.
    One of the pictures he sent me looked clean. But he cleans after every shoot and usually over oil's too.

Screenshot_20240209-201125_Messages.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom