Not open for further replies.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I left early this morning to start a job in crown point at eight o'clock. The roads were in pretty good condition. But I was channeling CTC running riding behind the people going twenty five miles an hour.

I actually got there about a 1/2 an hour early and was able to get all of my tools out and sat in my truck, waiting for the lumber to be delivered. When it didn't come, I tried to call shillings but they said that they were closed and to call the next day they were open. I wound up driving there just as they were opening at 9 o'clock. I found out that they had had a 2 hour delay because of the ice on the roads and they didn't want their trucks out.

We teach this in our schools nowadays. I blame ball stater and his ilk for that.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    I left early this morning to start a job in crown point at eight o'clock. The roads were in pretty good condition. But I was channeling CTC running riding behind the people going twenty five miles an hour.

I actually got there about a 1/2 an hour early and was able to get all of my tools out and sat in my truck, waiting for the lumber to be delivered. When it didn't come, I tried to call shillings but they said that they were closed and to call the next day they were open. I wound up driving there just as they were opening at 9 o'clock. I found out that they had had a 2 hour delay because of the ice on the roads and they didn't want their trucks out.

We teach this in our schools nowadays. I blame ball stater and his ilk for that.
    I'm a rare breed. I'd of went to work today, but not my decision. I haven't seen anything constituting a closure yet this year. It's NWI. I have 4x4. The covid technology switch is to blame. Dad grew up in Boston and taught me how to drive in adverse conditions.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I didn't get a DL before I went in the Army, when I got out I did.
    The winter of 76/77 was the worst I know of. It snowed nearly every morning 8 or more inches.

On the east cost the sun pushes warm wet air from the ocean over the cold land, I call it ocean effect.

This AM the roads were wet bou not slippery. I got behind a car on 55 at 47th and couldn't pass the 25 mph idiot until 92nd.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I'm a rare breed. I'd of went to work today, but not my decision. I haven't seen anything constituting a closure yet this year. It's NWI. I have 4x4. The covid technology switch is to blame. Dad grew up in Boston and taught me how to drive in adverse conditions.

It started before Covid

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    It would be one thing if it only happened once occasionally but it's damn near every parcel I receive through USPS has to get ****ed with.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    If you have the same luck I have with USPS, it'll probably get to Bedford Park tonight or tomorrow and then it will make it to your house sometime between January 26 and February 9th

Doug28450

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2021
    Hobart
    If you have the same luck I have with USPS, it'll probably get to Bedford Park tonight or tomorrow and then it will make it to your house sometime between January 26 and February 9th
    I praying that since it's coming from the east, it won't make it to Bedford Park.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I praying that since it's coming from the east, it won't make it to Bedford Park.
    Last package I had coming from NY ended up in Bedford Park. Then bounced back n forth between there, Fox Valley and Chicago for several days before going over to Michigan. Then back to Bedford Park for a few more days before finally arriving

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom