Not open for further replies.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Take the toll road if you can to avoid the crazies on 94-90 and the downtown chiraqi areA. U can go ffffaaasssttt on till road without much issues. 85mph is the norm.

Although at the time u r going it should be ok thru the city but lots of mergering in/out of thr lanes with no regards to others.
    He usually flies his family out of Midway, but not this time. His vehicle and IPASS, so fastest is bestest.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Morning all.

I finally saw the neurologist to get the results of my tests. She said the MRI of my brain looked basically fine, and the EMG to test for neuropathy did not show as much as she thought it would. She now thinks that my balance problems are coming from the arthritis (osteo and psoriatic) in my back. I have to schedule three different MRI's (cervical, thoracic, and lumbar) to determine the extent of the damage. Meanwhile, I think PT is helping a bit. If anyone ever has the need for PT, I highly recommend Physio Point in Crown Point. Great people, and they really work you. I have had PT at some places where they basically phoned it in (set you up on something then played with their phone, or chatted with the other therapists who were also supposed to be working).

Crap, I just reread the orders. She wants to do another brain MRI also.

Last edited:

Doug28450

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2021
    Hobart
    Our stoopid neighbor put salt on the sidewalk and his driveway last night. Idiot.

This is the same stoopid neighbor who puts old, stale, moldy bread out in the yard to attract all sorts of varmint rif raf.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Region News Source

Intoxicated Semi Driver Intercepted on SR 49

On January 5, 2024 at approximately 6:50 PM, a Porter Police Officer stopped a tractor-trailer being driven southbound on SR 49 in the area of CR 1050 North for a multitude of violations, including no tail-lights and hauling an unsecured load, according to a Porter Police press release.
    The semi was hauling an over-sized load of flat steel sheets which had not been properly fastened. The steel sheets shifted forward and impacted the cab of the truck, causing extensive damage to the cab prior to the traffic stop being initiated. While speaking with the driver of the semi, probable cause was developed to believe the driver was intoxicated.
    A preliminary breath test indicated the driver's blood alcohol level was in excess of twice the legal limit. The Porter Police Department contacted the Indiana State Police and a Motor Carrier Inspector responded to complete an inspection of the tractor-trailer, which was immediately rendered out of service for a number of safety issues.
    The driver, who possessed an Ohio CDL but stated he was from Ukraine, spoke minimal English and was transported to the Chesterton Franciscan ER where a search warrant was obtained for his blood. Results of that test are pending at this time. It was later found the driver had prior convictions for OWI as well. The name of the driver is being withheld pending formal charges being signed.
    Assisting at the scene was the Indiana State Police, the Chesterton Police Department, and Joe's Towing.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Munster is in Indianapolis?
    giphy.gif

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom