Not open for further replies.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    They still get money from you being there.
    Yes IL wage taxes and to add insult IN also takes wages taxes as well from the same check. :xmad:

jedi ends up getting about 3/4 of that back due to the IL credit indiana gives for paying the IL taxes but alas both states are greedy and take from each check.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Yes IL wage taxes and to add insult IN also takes wages taxes as well from the same check. :xmad:

jedi ends up getting about 3/4 of that back due to the IL credit indiana gives for paying the IL taxes but alas both states are greedy and take from each check.
    I live in Hobart and work in Crown Point and pay into a Lake county tax.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I live in Hobart and work in Crown Point and pay into a Lake county tax.
    We all do.
    You pay 2 taxes in Indiana.
    3.23% is the state taxes rate for indiana.
    1.5% is the lake county indiana tax rate.
    So 4.73% tax rate overall.

Porter is .5% county, LaPorte is .95%, Newton is 1%.

Highest are Cass county at 2.95% and Randloph County at 3%.
    All indiana county's now have that stupid tax. What is goes to jedi is not sure.

Note if you work in IL the tax rate is 4.95% for the state. Plus the county and city tax on top of that if you live there.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Threw down fertilizer and mowed up some leaves. New grass seed is loving the temps and rain. Going to try to hit up Blythe's again tomorrow. Hopefully the idiot that knocked out the transformer will not be around again.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    New guy from Crown Point

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I’ve never been to China Town. There’s another place, 65 Chinese, near my building. I can not stand it. Chinese is definitely a personal preference, I know plenty of people that love 65 Chinese and hate Silk Road.
    Never liked them either. They are barely a step up from Panda Express in my book.

There used to be a couple of good restaurants on the South side of the Loop, but they closed years ago. If you like Chinese, you really need to go to China Town.

Max Volume

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    da region Highland
    Where do I want to go for Chinese in NWI? I'm not looking for fancy or fusion, just not garbage. Haven't tried any yet.
    Lately I've been going to Karoke on 45th in Highland next to Schoops. They have a couple of tables but basically carry out.
    Same with China Koon just further east on 45th and Broad in Griffith.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Lately I've been going to Karoke on 45th in Highland next to Schoops. They have a couple of tables but basically carry out.
    Same with China Koon just further east on 45th and Broad in Griffith.
    I thought you said Karaoke for a second. I do miss karaoke. I wish there was boomer karaoke at about 4pm, and I could drag Mama Snap out.

cg21

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    The eviction process is long and drug out …… it would take some serious stones or big money to risk having a rental somewhere with “better” laws for tenants (IL & CA) if it is this hard in Indiana….. but then today should be the end of my nightmare.

Trying to see what my insurance covers as far as damages ….. it’s bad for a home I JUST fully remodeled……

My dreams of finding a “good” tenant were crushed.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    Good morning everyone. I hope everyone has a wonderful day today. last night I finally tackled my stacks of comics... so many.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    The eviction process is long and drug out …… it would take some serious stones or big money to risk having a rental somewhere with “better” laws for tenants (IL & CA) if it is this hard in Indiana….. but then today should be the end of my nightmare.

Trying to see what my insurance covers as far as damages ….. it’s bad for a home I JUST fully remodeled……

My dreams of finding a “good” tenant were crushed.
    My buddy and his wife had 2 rentals. They got burned by their first tenent. Now they have a three step interview process, or had one. They got out this summer at the height of the market.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom