Not open for further replies.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Anybody know where I can dispose of coolant/anti-freeze.
    Down the drain off course. ;)

Town of Hobart website takes one to here:

Your local jiffy lube will take it for a small fee. Use to be $2 for the motor oil.

If you are evil just roll up to an alley in Hammond and put it by someone trash cans. The city will take it in small quantities. In larger batches they will take it and slap a fee on the homeowners trash bill the next month of about $7.

Last edited:

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    Anybody know where I can dispose of coolant/anti-freeze.
    Lake County schedules collection days for hazardous chemicals/waste.

On the left of that page is a link to the schedule page, none left in 2023.

Newton County uses the County Highway Department as a collection center:

@jedi - most auto parts stores will take used oil with no fee. I dump into a 5 gallon can and then take it to Autozone when it gets full.

Doug28450

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2021
    Hobart
    Down the drain off course. ;)

Town of Hobart website takes one to here:

Your local jiffy lube will take it for a small fee. Use to be $2 for the motor oil.

If you are evil just roll up to an alley in Hammond and put it by someone garage cans. The city will take it in small quantities. In larger batches they will take it and slap a fee on the homeowners garage bill the next month of about $7.
    Unfortunately, that deal with the Lake County waste is a one time per year deal when the county decides to send the truck to your town as far as I can tell.

Didn't think of Jiffy Lube or one of those places.

I did think of putting it in the back of your van at the next meet and eat.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Unfortunately, that deal with the Lake County waste is a one time per year deal when the county decides to send the truck to your town as far as I can tell.

Didn't think of Jiffy Lube or one of those places.

I did think of putting it in the back of your van at the next meet and eat.
    jedi raccon army can use the motor oil to weaponnize it for the south of us-30 raids that occur. :)

The anti-freeze no use. :p

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Well, Dad's hunting days are apparently over. He told me to bring a case down over Christmas. As he continues to thin the herd, a Beretta Xtrema 2 will be joining this herd. I already was holding the scoped slug barrel and right handed trigger assembly (he's a lefty).

I'll know when things get really bad when he passes down grandpa's Parker shotgun that is to stay in the family.

Doug28450

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2021
    Hobart
    Well, Dad's hunting days are apparently over. He told me to bring a case down over Christmas. As he continues to thin the herd, a Beretta Xtrema 2 will be joining this herd. I already was holding the scoped slug barrel and right handed trigger assembly (he's a lefty).

I'll know when things get really bad when he passes down grandpa's Parker shotgun that is to stay in the family.
    I know what you're going through. About five years ago I did the same thing. My mom and dad were living in southwest Missouri at the time. I drove the van down, loaded it with firearms and car parts and drove back. Not long after, they moved to Franklin and a month ago he called me to come get the car.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    CVS website sucks.. I want to get my second shingles shot and the scheduling won't let me get past a NO response for the (optional) Covid shot.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI

Did I sell him a lefty Rem 700 30-06? If he is the one I sold it to, and he wants to part with that, it is a gun I would not mind getting back.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom